Idolo breeding

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having issues again. Got a new male and he is coexisting with the female in his cage <_<

I just separated them. They've been nothing but communal (which is good) but he barely acknowledges her presence. What should i do now??

Having issues again. Got a new male and he is coexisting with the female in his cage <_<

I just separated them. They've been nothing but communal (which is good) but he barely acknowledges her presence. What should i do now??
Put him on top of her. It's worked on different species for me.

Put him on top of her. It's worked on different species for me.
I just did that for my popas today, worked smoothly....take him out and put him on a flat surface and then put her in front of him and coax her to move infront of him....(try this if the above option doesn't work)....keep me updated!!!! :)

All the best,

Andrew

I just did that for my popas today, worked smoothly....take him out and put him on a flat surface and then put her in front of him and coax her to move infront of him....(try this if the above option doesn't work)....keep me updated!!!! :)

All the best,

Andrew
How do you put one idolo on top of another???? They are so jittery

All the best,

Andrew
I've done this with my popas and Carolinas. Always has worked when I can't get them to take interest in each other at first.

Heat the male up to 95-100 by himself for a few hours and at the same time mist the tank well indirectly as not to startle him, then put the cooler female in with him. That's what worked for me countless times with this species. :)

Heat the male up to 95-100 by himself for a few hours and at the same time mist the tank well indirectly as not to startle him, then put the cooler female in with him. That's what worked for me countless times with this species. :)
You're the best nick!!!!! gonna try now

Last edited by a moderator:
give him a snack first

that helps with creos and hierodulas

also if he mates and u dont need him anymore i have a female abt to become adult... :innocent: :whistling:
He's been eating all day <_<

Also i'm sending him back to the owner when he's done.

You can mate them a couple times...I don't need him back right away... ;) .....my Idolo just needs to get settled in...sorry he is just being difficult... ^-^

Uh... Connecticut and Long island aren't exactly the closest. About 4 hours. I'd probably mail him to you ;)

Last edited by a moderator: