Idolo breeding

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to be the barer of bad news but male Idolo don't live that long, 1-2 months is about it, so you may what to plan accordingly?

Sorry to be the barer of bad news but male Idolo don't live that long, 1-2 months is about it, so you may what to plan accordingly?
do u have any subadult males?? i do wanna at least try and breed my idolo gal! how many ooths can they lay? how long can she live? maybe if u have adult males in like a month or 2 or even 3 she could still breed???

Yeah that's what I'm worried about :( ....my female is still sub-adult and no swelling yet....(she has been sub-adult for 4weeks now)I'm gunna need an adult male too, by the looks of it...

Yeah that's what I'm worried about :( ....my female is still sub-adult and no swelling yet....(she has been sub-adult for 4weeks now)I'm gunna need an adult male too, by the looks of it...
well since mine is abt to molt (soon i predict) i can breed her with your male is the other andrew sends her to me then send an ooth to each of u if all works well

Well you guys know I would help you out if I could but I'm out of adult males, just adult females and nymphs at the moment, so good luck with that male. brancsikia try to have some patience with them, like they say if first you don't succeed try try again. ;)

Well you guys know I would help you out if I could but I'm out of adult males, just adult females and nymphs at the moment, so good luck with that male. brancsikia try to have some patience with them, like they say if first you don't succeed try try again. ;)
i got gongies to molt by exposing the male to a regular daylight cycle with very high temps then introducin the gal in the evening B)

I keep trying. the male is just bored and uninterested. Males are very short lived. THIS IS A SHOUT OUT TO EVERYONE WHO IS READING THIS. WE ALL NEED ADULT MALES. thanx :D I hope for the best with my current pair.

Maybe she will lay an ooth?! When I introduced my m. religiosa, they showed no interest in each other. Then, she later laid an ooth, and during the next mating attempt both males hooked up.

Just a view on nature here but not every bug gets to breed or does...................When Nick told you to seperate them a few few hrs and heat the male up you barely went an hour before you were back posting nothings working.

Just a view on nature here but not every bug gets to breed or does...................When Nick told you to seperate them a few few hrs and heat the male up you barely went an hour before you were back posting nothings working.
Yes have patience...

Also remember that his idolo comes from a 3.5 Billion year line of organisms that all succeeded in heterosexual copulation.