Idolo Gal!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well hopefully I'll have some to sell. if my idolos do well..Thats my plan..I won't sell them for a lot. Its not about the money but about the mantis..Especially these guys..They are my favorite and I want to do my part in helping this species to thrive....Mantidbro..Sorry you've had such bad experiences with these guys..You're lucky tho. some breeders want 75.00 a pc so 5 for 60 isn't that bad really. I have 7 of them 5 females and two males. 4 of them are subs..Guess time will tell if I'm sucessful.. Wish me luck!

Well hopefully I'll have some to sell. if my idolos do well..Thats my plan..I won't sell them for a lot. Its not about the money but about the mantis..Especially these guys..They are my favorite and I want to do my part in helping this species to thrive....Mantidbro..Sorry you've had such bad experiences with these guys..You're lucky tho. some breeders want 75.00 a pc so 5 for 60 isn't that bad really. I have 7 of them 5 females and two males. 4 of them are subs..Guess time will tell if I'm sucessful.. Wish me luck!
That would be awesome!

Yeah I thought it was a good deal but they all died so it turned out to be a terrible deal, like throwing away $60.. And I am far from rich

Good luck!!

That would be awesome!

Yeah I thought it was a good deal but they all died so it turned out to be a terrible deal, like throwing away $60.. And I am far from rich

Good luck!!
I'd stick with with breeders that have good feedback..I got mine from Yen Saw and Kevin young. All came healthy..

See that's what I'm talking about, 75 dollars for a single?! Thats highway robbery.

Hopefully idologrl can pop a few nice ooths out.... I'd be interested...maybe lol

I'd love to own the devils or even the mega, but I will not pay someone that much money for a bug that has higher chances of death than success rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
See that's what I'm talking about, 75 dollars for a single?! Thats highway robbery.

Hopefully idologrl can pop a few nice ooths out.... I'd be interested...maybe lol

I'd love to own the devils or even the mega, but I will not pay someone that much money for a bug that has higher chances of death than success rate.
I wouldn't pay that much either..No worries..If it does happen to where I succeed then mine will be reasonable..I'm not out to get rich off one person or mantis..Just want to share my success with others.

Can't lie though idolos are wickedly built.... But, I think the " mega mantis " has to be my most favorite/sought after species. I want one so bad but no one ever wants to sell single nymphs... I mean I have no issues buying one say L5, but I'm the type that enjoys "raising" my mantids so I tend to go for the youngsters.

Lol right?

Thatd be awesome, id be interested in an ooth as well if you were to sell them idologirl :D

Id also love to own the mega, theyre my second favorite, purely because of size

Can't lie though idolos are wickedly built.... But, I think the " mega mantis " has to be my most favorite/sought after species. I want one so bad but no one ever wants to sell single nymphs... I mean I have no issues buying one say L5, but I'm the type that enjoys "raising" my mantids so I tend to go for the youngsters.
Thats a bummer that no one really sells nymphs! and me too, i seek out the youngters

Thats a bummer that no one really sells nymphs! and me too, i seek out the youngters
I personally prefer nymphs cause then you can raise and feed them to ensure that they get the proper care..My mantis are so spoiled..I even feed their food high quality food, distilled water and minerals so that when the mantis eat them they are gut loaded for their best possible nutitional needs.

I personally prefer nymphs cause then you can raise and feed them to ensure that they get the proper care..My mantis are so spoiled..I even feed their food high quality food, distilled water and minerals so that when the mantis eat them they are gut loaded for their best possible nutitional needs.
Same!! its awesome to have nymphies and raise them. Theyre like your children. Haha mine are spoiled too! lol theyre food get good food! haha, i have wax worms atm which had been eating wood lol but i give them honey as well which they love. Flies i feed everything, theyll eat anything as long as its moist lol.

Same!! its awesome to have nymphies and raise them. Theyre like your children. Haha mine are spoiled too! lol theyre food get good food! haha, i have wax worms atm which had been eating wood lol but i give them honey as well which they love. Flies i feed everything, theyll eat anything as long as its moist lol.
I know..I never said I was smart! I spent a lot of money on a mineral supplement so that the flies would be healthy! lol...I even put it in the spray bottle and mist my mantis raptors..But I have healthy mantis..lol I only do their raptors once a week tho with the minerals. And only use a drop or two. The flies are fed and watered each day with the stuff. I have actually had flies live a lot longer using this mineral suppliment..It's good stuff!

I know..I never said I was smart! I spent a lot of money on a mineral supplement so that the flies would be healthy! lol...I even put it in the spray bottle and mist my mantis raptors..But I have healthy mantis..lol I only do their raptors once a week tho with the minerals. And only use a drop or two. The flies are fed and watered each day with the stuff. I have actually had flies live a lot longer using this mineral suppliment..It's good stuff!
Lol i think that is smart, to make sure your mantids get the best of the best

Whats the mineral supplement called?

Lol i think that is smart, to make sure your mantids get the best of the best

Whats the mineral supplement called?
Yeh its pretty good stuff..And they take out all of the bad mineral so only the good stuff is left. I have used it for years off and on. I once read that they gave it to a dog that was in really bad shape and it restored him to perfect condition so I thought humm why not give it to the mantis food and mantis. Use sparingly if you spray mantis and only on their raptors so they can clean it off. The flies seem to really take to it. I also cut the heads off of meal worms and dip them in flower power. distilled water and a drop of mineral rich. They really like it..( The mealworms dont think to much of it tho!) I had a sick mantis that I fed the flower power to along with the mineral rich and she got better..I know its a bit over the top but I want my mantis to be as healthy as they can be and maybe it will prolong their lives.

Here is one of my male and female idolos..Love my babies!

_DSC0005.JPG_DSC0009.JPG

They are beautiful...Looks like you are doing a great job... I also have a few.. Mine are L6ish.. I spent my birthday money to get them.. and fortunately received healthy ones from yen... Looking forward to your progress.. keep us updated.. and thanks for sharing them with us.

They are beautiful...Looks like you are doing a great job... I also have a few.. Mine are L6ish.. I spent my birthday money to get them.. and fortunately received healthy ones from yen... Looking forward to your progress.. keep us updated.. and thanks for sharing them with us.
Thanks dmina. I'd love to see yours also! Yen does sell great mantis!

Latest posts