Idolomantis - almost adult

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Yes, I use three 40W spots for each 50x60x90cm enclosure, they are fixed 1cm above the enclosure.

Here is a pic of the plants and a pic of a horrible thread pose

regards

About that threat pose... did you use crayons on it or what? :p

By the way - was that female greened-up by you, or is it her natural color?

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn! This species is really the king of all mantids, and if I breed them, I'm gonna be the king of all breeders. Yes that right. Aquinas spoke of the mythical city on the hill, and soon that city may be a reality, and I will be crowned as its king, or better than king... God!

Who'd of thought a tan sandy brown mantis suddenly exsplodes into colour after reaching adult. Saying that you should see some phasmids, mottled gery/brown colouration turning into bright blue with red and yellow spines :ph34r:

It's actually a quote from Deus Ex, I always wanted to use it ;)

Besides, I don't dream - 15 pairs I keep for myself ain't no dream, it's as real as it gets ;)

Damn! This species is really the king of all mantids, and if I breed them, I'm gonna be the king of all breeders. Yes that right. Aquinas spoke of the mythical city on the hill, and soon that city may be a reality, and I will be crowned as its king, or better than king... God!
Are you trying to take my title as the "Mantid Lord"??

Just realized, I'm a mantis!

Thank you. Yes, this is great. :lol:

When I realized that they were mating, it was around 1PM. Now, at 4.40PM, the male left the female. So they were connected for at least 3.5hours. But maybe even much longer, I don't know when mating started.

regards

You lucky bastard!

They are getting to it fast, eh?

Man, wing-buds on my females are getting nicely fat - I cannot wait to see adults!

Hi

Thanks Gurd. Wow! Your website is now one of the best I know!

Yes, Krus, you got it. Well, I found out that the female which was mated yesterday molted adult on the 28.9 or on the 31.9.

This means she is at least 4-4.5 weeks adult now. But I have not yet seen a female releasing pheromones. Actually, there is a good chance that she was ready already ;-) The male is adult since the 25.9, so since around 5 weeks.

We will see ;-)

Good luck with the adult moltings of your females. I have now one adult male and 4 adult females. One female was decaputated while the final molting, and one female molted adult almost perfect, but one raptorial foreleg sticked to the old skin and she curled up her whole body so I lost her.

So, taken together, within 7 adult moultings (1 male, 6 females), one male and 4 females molted perfectly, one female was killed by another one while adult molting and one female was lost because she sticked to her old skin with one leg.

regards

"Knock Knock"

"Who is there?"

"It's me!"

"Who?"

"Me, the first fertile Idolomantis ooth!"

regards