Idolomantis - almost adult

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mozoltov on the first ooth!

My Idolomantis started maturing a while ago - I expect a whole lotta adults by the end of the month :) Let's hope that as many of them make it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.

And? How are your adult moltings working? Got some nice adults, or have problems with the last molt?

regards

Nope, no problems at all. But I need to buy some lamps and stuff and distribute nymphs to other enclosures - otherwise it will be too crowded inside those I use now. I don't wanna one nymph walkin' all over another while it's molting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever checked the link in Christian's signature? :eek: :angry: <_<

:p

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No! The last time I visited that link, it re-directed me to a site with Bruce Vilanch's naked pictures!

But hey, my Idolomantis are from Tansania too :)

:lol:

Well, the stock Number 25 is from Tanzania. But it is from ONE special part in Tanzania, the Mwanza/Mara region. It is in stock since 2004. You can find these informations in the link.

There is a new entry in the list: Number 167. When you focus on number 167 in the list, you will find a lot of question marks. These information are lacking. But the stock's name is "Craig's stock". Maybe it's the stock Gurd (= Craig) raised up last year? We do not know from which area in Tanzania it is coming from, so it has a new, special number, the number 167. This helps breeders to distinguish them from each other.

If your mantids are from Tanzania, but from a third location there, they will get a new, individual number as well in the future.

You see why we are always "angry" when people don't even use the scientific name, as that is not enough for us and we continue and give different stocks of the same species different numbers. While some are talking about "dead leaf mantis", and others are talking of the scientific names of all the different species of the genus Deroplatys, we even distinguish between 3 different stocks of D. lobata, or four different stocks of Idolomantis diabolica.

This is the same like all zoos and all breeders do with all kind of animals to provide inbreeding as well as outbreeding. Outbreeding seems to be much more worse than inbreeding when it comes to mantids... That's why I keep the I. diabolica 25 and the I. diabolica I got from you apart from each other. I have two stocks right now and will not mix them if it is not necessary.

Well, if nobody can say where number 167 originates from, and if nobody knows where your "new stock" originates from, both will maybe put together to stock number 167, as 167 will mean: "Mixed stock from different areas in Tanzania". This will have to be discussed later. The same would happen if I mixed up my two stocks in future. The two stocks would become number 167 also, as they were "mixed from different Tanzanian regions" as well.

regards

Hah, today the fifth female was mated, I have 8 ooth now, hatching should start at Christmas B)

Hi

Thanks a lot. Still waiting for the first hatch, and still afraid that nothing could hatch. We will see soon.

The oldest male has died now, he was about almost 3 month adult.

Another female, one of my youngest, has matured adult now. I hope one of the males will live for another 5 weeks. But I still have some males, so I do not have to sell this fresh female. I now have 10 ooth from my 5 mated girls.

regards

Latest posts