Idolomantis - almost adult

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

The first layed ooth hatched out today after an incubating time of 60 days (21-23°C nighttime, 28.5-31.5°C daytime).

This is the first time I can see L1 Idolomantis live. Great. Well, as it is the first layed ooth which hatched out today, and a lot ooth are beiing incubated right now, maybe some more nymphs will hatch out in future.

regards

Congrats! Looks like you are gonna make a mint :)

Mine started mating after only 3 weeks since the last molt, kinda early, but it's good to know, that I don't have a bunch of lazy layabouts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but there's no ooths - I guess that mating after just 3 weeks is way too early.

Thanks a lot, Phil!

You are almost right.

First I have to get back my 1000$+ expenditure for this species (not including my expenditure for my first try with this species several years ago).

But anyway, I have no "dayjob". I have "only" a phd scholarship from the German Academic Exchange Service. And to be honest: I would burn all my mantids instead of giving up this scholarship ;-)

But I know what you mean, I hope I can get back my expenditure plus continue breeding this species plus not giving up my phd scholarship. :p

And if it is not working, I still have Gongylus ;-)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

reggies,

tier

Hi

I have the first L3 now, they are almost white, will take a picture soon.

Here is a L2 eating a L1, the L2's sometimes eat each other, too.

regards