Idolomantis diabolica communal setup? "Idolo Paradise"?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrayingMantisPets

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Today I was working on converting a 20in x12 1/2in x 10in fish tank into a "idolo Paradise."

I was wondering, Is it ok if I keep 5 L2/L3 idolos in this set up? I understand feeding issues but I mainly feed my idolos by tweezers (also keep some flys running around).

Here is a pic of the "Idolo Paradise."

photo (13).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to let you guys know, I have hot glued screening on every side but the bottom of the fish tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! :clap: .......................... As they grow in size you'll have to adjust the sticks in the cage. They will try and molt from the bottom..Your idolos should be very happy. Oh and I was told that you should have a fan running at the top of the enclosure due to the fact that idolos need ventilation. I bought a cheap computer fan from ebay and keep it pointed down into the tank for them. They have done well with this setup. I do move them when they are ready to molt in their later instars because I was concerned that they would bump into the one molting.

Very nice! :clap: .......................... As they grow in size you'll have to adjust the sticks in the cage. They will try and molt from the bottom..Your idolos should be very happy. Oh and I was told that you should have a fan running at the top of the enclosure due to the fact that idolos need ventilation. I bought a cheap computer fan from ebay and keep it pointed down into the tank for them. They have done well with this setup. I do move them when they are ready to molt in their later instars because I was concerned that they would bump into the one molting.
good idea for the fan. I will also adjust the sticks when needed.

Hello Everyone! Today I was working on converting a 20in x12 1/2in x 10in fish tank into a "idolo Paradise."

I was wondering, Is it ok if I keep 5 L2/L3 idolos in this set up? I understand feeding issues but I mainly feed my idolos by tweezers (also keep some flys running around).

Here is a pic of the "Idolo Paradise."

attachicon.gif
photo (13).JPG
Lookin good!

Technically if it is a long enough time before a molt they are fine with being moved, some move around before they molt, usually to a suitable perch, which if given, they settle right away. I have a fried who got a double shield from me, it chose to molt ten minutes after being rehoused

Latest posts