Idolomantis diabolica

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ARRRRGGGGHHHH! I found my adult male laying on the floor of his enclosure yesterday morning. He had been with an adult female for last two weeks. I did witness him mount her a few days ago, but there was no connection. Unreal! He was perfect! :( I guess now he will make a perfect pinned specimen! <_< I just have no luck! :(
What were the environmental conditions in the enclosure? Pics would be great!

Let's try posting this again - last time that silly forum error messed me all up.

I had another (probubly ill-concieved) idea for an idolo cage....

Why not a wooden bird cage?

The whole thing is MADE of sticks (rungs) after all, so gripping wouldn't be a problem. I think it would have to be wood, unless they have some other material that isn't too slippery.

Only problem would be humidity, but I will be keeping mine in a tropical plant grow chamber most likely, so I don't think that will present a problem. Besides, it will certainly be easy to mist them.

Let's try posting this again - last time that silly forum error messed me all up.

I had another (probubly ill-concieved) idea for an idolo cage....

Why not a wooden bird cage?

The whole thing is MADE of sticks (rungs) after all, so gripping wouldn't be a problem. I think it would have to be wood, unless they have some other material that isn't too slippery.

Only problem would be humidity, but I will be keeping mine in a tropical plant grow chamber most likely, so I don't think that will present a problem. Besides, it will certainly be easy to mist them.
Probably not a bad idea. They seem just fine as far as gripping is concerned as long as they are not molting.

habitat.jpg

How about something like this? (chinese elm bonsai)

* STICKS jutting out in every possible direction.

* Humidifier nearby to control HUMIDITY.

* non-blocked AIR circulation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts