Incubation Success...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I separated my H. Bipapilla nymphs into 2 containers but it's still hard to get a solid count since they move around quite a bit. I'm guessing there's about 70ish nymphs in this hatch:

bipapilla_nymphs2_zps5f75b037.jpg

bipapilla_nymphs1_zps69dc9a07.jpg

The ooth that follows is twice as big as this one but from past experience, you can't really judge an ooth by its size. I'll just have to wait and see. :cowboy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I separated my H. Bipapilla nymphs into 2 containers but it's still hard to get a solid count since they move around quite a bit. I'm guessing there's about 70ish nymphs in this hatch:

bipapilla_nymphs2_zps5f75b037.jpg

bipapilla_nymphs1_zps69dc9a07.jpg

The ooth that follows is twice as big as this one but from past experience, you can't really judge an ooth by its size. I'll just have to wait and see. :cowboy:
Nice mike keep this sp going .... I'm dropping my after I mate them this will be my last gen ... only got 2 male 2 females left ..

6-29-13: another Bipapilla ooth hatched. this ooth was about twice the size of the last but beared only about 30 nymphs. These guys move incredibly fast:

bipapilla_hatch2_zpsc8a27d42.jpg

7-1-13: I received some Pseudoharpax ooths in the mail from Nico. When I untaped the bottle cap that he packed the ooths in, I discovered that one of the ooths had hatched...and they all survived in that tight space! Must have hatched in my mailbox or something to survive the heat wave that we've been having. It's about 17 or 18 nymphs:

pseudo_hatch1_zpsd988f930.jpg

7-3-13: Two ooths hatched this morning-- another pseudoharpax viriscens and polyspilota griffinii.

Pseudoharpax Viriscens (only 10 nymphs):

pseudo_hatch2_zps4a78aa75.jpg

Polyspilota Griffinii (maybe 100 nymphs??...too many to count):

griffinii_hatch1_zpse8bfb4bb.jpg