Introducing Indy!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flidais

Reaction score
First Terrarium for in-between size, what do you think?  Clean-up crew and moist dirt.  Air holes sides and back at top and about 1" from sediment top.  Feeding hole on side about 2" from sediment top.

All plants are hot glued to something or other.  Shell is like a water dish type deal, there should be enough moisture in there, but wanted a lil spot to drip a bit on for him too, and it'/s pretty.  ?

This is Indy (for Indiana Jones, he's super adventurous), my buddy.  I think he's I5 (2" chinese mantis)?

imagejpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a great setup, just no photos showing up. I'll have to come back when you get one on here.

If you are looking for a image host I find PostImg.org is a great free one; although, there is digging in the links it gives needed to find the fullsize photo link.

Darn it.  I thought it worked.  Grr.  I can do it with my home computer easy enough but my iphone is tricker with pic sizes.  Will get it on here shortly

Looks like your doing great, and you listed many improvements, your best yet. :) Looking at the lid I would suggest roughing the surface with sandpaper for better grip if you haven't yet, as you don't seem to like mesh. ;)

Haha!  I did rough up the surface, but also hot glued a fake cloth leaf that covers most of it.  He still likes to hang on to the lid itself, though.  I like to use cloth mesh, but Indy doesn't seem to like it.  I used it in the old cup he was in, he touched it once and avoided it like plague after.  The other mantids seem to like it fine though.

Haha!  I did rough up the surface, but also hot glued a fake cloth leaf that covers most of it.  He still likes to hang on to the lid itself, though.  I like to use cloth mesh, but Indy doesn't seem to like it.  I used it in the old cup he was in, he touched it once and avoided it like plague after.  The other mantids seem to like it fine though.
He seems rather picky, likely he's been spoiled am I right? :D If your interested in trying other materials for grip, see my post and photos here. There are several others listed there, and might give you some ideas for others to try too.

Glad to hear all is well though and your enjoying it.

He seems rather picky, likely he's been spoiled am I right? :D If your interested in trying other materials for grip, see my post and photos here. There are several others listed there, and might give you some ideas for others to try too.

Glad to hear all is well though and your enjoying it.
.... ? just a little spoiled!  I found he likes the green mesh, not white.  I'm now working on making a nice green mesh lid.  By the time I have it done and ready, he'll have out grown it.  Lol!

Latest posts