Is this okay?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omen414

Reaction score
Just wondering if it is okay for a praying mantis to eat a flee...dont know flees could have diseases or something but I dont know.... He already did anyway just want a warning if hes gonna die in 2 hours or not... Thanks :p

Just wondering if it is okay for a praying mantis to eat a flee...dont know flees could have diseases or something but I dont know.... He already did anyway just want a warning if hes gonna die in 2 hours or not... Thanks :p
Fleas should be fine. I wouldn't culture or rely on them as regular food though (not because of any harm to the mantis, but for tolerance in living conditions for you!) :p

Fleas do carry diseases, but I no idey if it will hurt them, also remember, depending on where u get the fleas, they could have been exposed to flea powder or poison. ;)

Won't hurt but not sure how you feed a mantis a flea.

This conversation makes me think of the old Loony Toons cartoon with the flee that sings that "there'll be food around the corner" song.

No, no! We want to know how you caught the flea in the first place! Was he fleaing the scene of a crime when you caught him? Did you purchase him at a flea market, or what? :lol:

No, no! We want to know how you caught the flea in the first place! Was he fleaing the scene of a crime when you caught him? Did you purchase him at a flea market, or what? :lol:
:lol: Yes, Omen... I meant how did it happen, or what were the circumstances that led you to feed a flea to your mantis in the first place. ;) It's not a bad thing... just uncommon, and we're curious!

I saw your reply last night, and was going to clarify my question... but was too tired to comment. Glad I didn't now. Phil said it in a way... :rolleyes: hehehe.... well, I'm still smiling! :lol:

This conversation makes me think of the old Loony Toons cartoon with the flee that sings that "there'll be food around the corner" song.
Haha, I have an old 1960 cassette with that on it.

I'm impressed to say the least at both yours and the mantids dexterity in the ability to capture...a flea

Well...how I did it....I must say im not sure how the flea got onto my bed at the perfect time and spot but since my cat has afew fleas (treated now) i geuss he put it there....I was putting fruit flys into my tank and i dropped one and watched it go underneith the tank...so I lifted the tank up and put it on my bed...not finding him i put the tank back on the desk...and then i found the flea on my bed where i just put the tank and i thought it was a fruit fly (at first) so i grabbed it with tweezers and put it in the tank right next to the mantis and the mantis munched it down...although it did take longer then eating a fruit fly he seemed to enjoy

Latest posts