It's Snowing....

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katnapper

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've gotten 3-4 inches on top of what we had, and it's still coming down. Expected totals of 6-8 inches by tomorrow. And I'm stuck at home with a bored 10 year old... well, he will be bored when he wakes back up (after hearing the "good" news and promptly going back to bed).
BoredorConfounded.gif

I put the trash out last night (a significant amount, since we missed last week), and you can hardly see it. I can imagine the trash trucks going around looking for likely bumps/mounds in the snow, poor guys! :( :lol:

You know, we can use some of that snow in our Sierra Nevada mountains. Every year, it seems like there's less and less snow. And even when there's a lot of snow, it just tends to go away quick. If only I had the power to carry some of the clouds over to the West :D .

Yep... headed your way! :p

Well, Jesse's up and he's already announced, "I'm bored!!!!" What are we going to do today? Can we go to Toys R Us? Chuck-E-Cheese? Make-a Mess? The Mall? My answer... "No." to all. I told him we could go out and shovel the driveway and walks. You should have heard the protests on that one!
OhNoOpenMouth.gif

Yep... headed your way! :p Well, Jesse's up and he's already announced, "I'm bored!!!!" What are we going to do today? Can we go to Toys R Us? Chuck-E-Cheese? Make-a Mess? The Mall? My answer... "No." to all. I told him we could go out and shovel the driveway and walks. You should have heard the protests on that one!
OhNoOpenMouth.gif
Beat you to it, Paul! :p
:lol: Thats right! Put him to work! :p :lol:

They cancelled school in IL for snow? When I was growing up in central IL that was rare. The buses had chains on the tires.

They have talked about a "dusting" possibly heading our way tonight. In these parts if one flake falls people act like the sky is falling and cancel everything. Just rarely get snow here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday the school district I live in (the one Ryan's 13 year old sisters go to) canceled school for today because of the snow that we were supposed to get, but never did. Nice planning, eh?

:lol: Thats right! Put him to work! :p :lol:
Yep!!! Here he is in all his snowshovelling glory... :D

Jan09_023_Katnapper.jpg

And some pics I took after we finished shovelling the driveway and walks.

Jan09_025_Katnapper.jpg

Jan09_027_Katnapper.jpg

Jan09_026_Katnapper.jpg

The bad thing is that where we shovelled is already all white with about 1/4 of an inch of snow covering it now. And it's still snowing.

haha, one snowflake, u crack me up Rick! Kat, send the boy here, tired of begging you now for his help!!!

Orin and I got more snow than Hines has pickles! I got two feet and still snowing, what u got Orin!

Here in Denver it started snowing yesterday and didn't let up until early this morning or so. Not a huge amount, at least not compared to how it can be here, but enough to make everything miserable. And nothing closed from the weather, but that's not surprising. The last time anything closed there was 6+ feet of snow that was destroying roofs all over town.

Becky, get him a sled and send him on his way. Tell him to come back when it's getting dark. There has to be some hills somewhere close.

Becky, get him a sled and send him on his way. Tell him to come back when it's getting dark. There has to be some hills somewhere close.
I can't think of any hills close... we do have a "saucer sled," but it doesn't matter. He says he doesn't want to go back out there because it's too cold. Whaaaaah!!!!
NoPity.gif

Latest posts