It's Snowing....

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mid 70's today with a slight breez :lol:
:rolleyes: We're at 11 degrees right now and here is the wind chill advisory we are currently under:

Urgent - Winter Weather Message
National Weather Service Lincoln IL
307 PM CST Sat Jan 9 2010
... Bitterly Cold Wind Chills Again Late This Evening Through
Sunday Morning...
.An Area Of Arctic High Pressure Over Iowa Will Continue To Drift
Southward Tonight. The Combination Of Clear Skies... Westerly
Winds From 5 To 8 Mph... And Temperatures Falling To Between Zero
And 5 Below Zero... Will Produce Wind Chill Values Of 10 To 20
Below Zero.
smiley-gen125.gif

We might get sleet or snow, It going to be 32 in my town!!! This is insanity i live in Florida. WHERE DID THE HEAT GO?!?!?!?!? :angry: :angry: :angry: <_<

Hate to say it, but I laid in my lawn today, taking some macro pix, and actually broke a sweat! :lol:
It may be cold in North Carolina, but you know what. The museum I work at has a 5,000 square foot butterfly house. It is 80 degrees in there with 80 percent humidity. It is like a mini Malaysia. :D Oh, there are countless tropical butterflies, plants, and birds I can take macro pictures of any day I want. :p Don't forget the hundreds of the exotic insects on display and behind the scenes I can photograph too. ;)

Beat that!. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be cold in North Carolina, but you know what. The museum I work at has a 5,000 square foot butterfly house. It is 80 degrees in there with 80 percent humidity. It is like a mini Malaysia. :D Oh, there are countless tropical butterflies, plants, and birds I can take macro pictures of any day I want. :p Don't forget the hundreds of the exotic insects on display and behind the scenes I can photograph too. ;) Beat that!. :lol:
Where do you live? I'm coming over ASAP!

Man, why can't Oklahoma have one of those?

Man, and I thought our 50-60 degree weather was bad. Hahahaha. I guess there is one thing good about Nevada, kinda. Be safe out there.

Hate to say it, but I laid in my lawn today, taking some macro pix, and actually broke a sweat! :lol:
Yeah yeah. This type of cold is rare for my area and I really like the climate here. I would freeze my butt of in AK before I ever lived in Ca. Still waiting for it to fall into the ocean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah yeah. This type of cold is rare for my area and I really like the climate here. I would freeze my butt of in AK before I ever lived in Ca. Still waiting for it to fall into the ocean.
Hahaha! Ever heard of Tool's song Aenima?

i feel the love rick, I feel the love :rolleyes:

Personally, I'd much rather live in Tennessee. In fact my family and I almost moved there but stuff happened :(

Oh, and today is another beautiful day without a cloud in sight.... the sky is quite an incredible blue right now. I should take some pics and show you guys! :lol:

i feel the love rick, I feel the love :rolleyes: Personally, I'd much rather live in Tennessee. In fact my family and I almost moved there but stuff happened :(

Oh, and today is another beautiful day without a cloud in sight.... the sky is quite an incredible blue right now. I should take some pics and show you guys! :lol:
:lol: :lol: They may have forgotten what a blue sky looks like.

i feel the love rick, I feel the love :rolleyes: Personally, I'd much rather live in Tennessee. In fact my family and I almost moved there but stuff happened :(

Today is a high of 39 degrees accompanied by a huge "f" "u" to Yeatzee.

:rolleyes: We're at 11 degrees right now and here is the wind chill advisory we are currently under:

Urgent - Winter Weather Message
National Weather Service Lincoln IL
307 PM CST Sat Jan 9 2010
... Bitterly Cold Wind Chills Again Late This Evening Through
Sunday Morning...
.An Area Of Arctic High Pressure Over Iowa Will Continue To Drift
Southward Tonight. The Combination Of Clear Skies... Westerly
Winds From 5 To 8 Mph... And Temperatures Falling To Between Zero
And 5 Below Zero... Will Produce Wind Chill Values Of 10 To 20
Below Zero.
smiley-gen125.gif
Kat, hope u threw in some heat packs when u sent the son, sorry u had to shovel alone....:}

no, I swept the area to the car, and had a plow come in, driveway is almost 700 feet and to much for me, that's why I need the boy!

Waiting for Yen to send his too!

Rebecca, you don't want me boy, he only plays with snow!

Katysnow13.jpg

Our first snow arrived about 2 weeks before Christmas, yes it is very rare to have snow in Southern Texas this early and the entire city paralyzed even it was only 2 inches of snow. But the kids in school loves it i saw the principal in school having snow fight with the students :lol: and most of the school closed by midday.

Katysnow3.jpg

Katysnow10.jpg

Katysnow8.jpg

Katysnow7.jpg

But the recent record low temperature in Southern Texas is a real bummer. My sprinkle system broke down due to the freeze. Snow was alright but I hate prolong frigid weather :angry:

Latest posts