It's Snowing....

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol Yard work for the win! There is even snow on the ground in Alabama! The last time this happened was 7 years ago. :huh:

haha, one snowflake, u crack me up Rick! Kat, send the boy here, tired of begging you now for his help!!!Orin and I got more snow than Hines has pickles! I got two feet and still snowing, what u got Orin!
You think i'm kidding but i'm not. We get snow so rarely here that people have no clue what to do.

Early this morning, Tucker and I did our annual snow dance (last year we did it later, and someone called the cops). It has'nt snowed yet, but the temp has dropped to a mere 41F above freezing. Should we put on our mittens on yet?

You think i'm kidding but i'm not. We get snow so rarely here that people have no clue what to do.
ROFL, isn't that right! Do you remember a few years back when be got .25" of snow, and because everbody freaked out and left for home, the snow was turned into slush and froze solid. :rolleyes: ALL of the roads were completely frozen over. A drive from the museum that normally takes 20 minutes, took 5 hours! :blink:

On a side note, 5-6 years ago, we got 22 inches of snow overnight! :blink: Now that was an experience!

Last edited by a moderator:
Early this morning, Tucker and I did our annual snow dance (last year we did it later, and someone called the cops). It has'nt snowed yet, but the temp has dropped to a mere 41F above freezing. Should we put on our mittens on yet?
AddEmoticons00921.gif

ROFL, isn't that right! Do you remember a few years back when be got .25" of snow, and because everbody freaked out and left for home, the snow was turned into slush and froze solid. :rolleyes: ALL of the roads were completely frozen over. A drive from the museum that normally takes 20 minutes, took 5 hours! :blink:
Only 5 hours? That's nothing! I was working down on Capital Blvd at the time. I left work about 6. I lived eight miles from work. It took me 12 HOURS TO GET HOME. To go eight freaking miles. I got home the next day at 6 am. <_< I was not happy.

In other news. Last night schools were being cancelled and delayed for today due to a forecasted .25 dusting of snow. Wake up this morning? It is wet and 41.

Only 5 hours? That's nothing! I was working down on Capital Blvd at the time. I left work about 6. I lived eight miles from work. It took me 12 HOURS TO GET HOME. To go eight freaking miles. I got home the next day at 6 am. <_< I was not happy.
Confounded.png

In other news. Last night schools were being cancelled and delayed for today due to a forecasted .25 dusting of snow. Wake up this morning? It is wet and 41.
Disbelief2.gif
:rolleyes:

I only got like half an inch. Thank God! :lol: I really was not looking foward to shoveling snow after work. :angry:

Only 5 hours? That's nothing! I was working down on Capital Blvd at the time. I left work about 6. I lived eight miles from work. It took me 12 HOURS TO GET HOME. To go eight freaking miles. I got home the next day at 6 am. <_< I was not happy. In other news. Last night schools were being cancelled and delayed for today due to a forecasted .25 dusting of snow. Wake up this morning? It is wet and 41.
Dang, I thought I had it bad.

I thought the same thing when I woke up today. All the cancellations, and I never saw a flake of snow. It was colder here though. There was a bit of ice. Because I'm home schooled, school was of course, not canceled. :rolleyes:

We got about 5 inches yesterday. It's already melted :) . Unfortunately, no snowday. It takes a good 16" to get a snowday here lol :p

Yeatzee, you're home school'd?

Feel your pain dude
But it's not all bad. For my years of work at the museum (about 6 years and some 700+ volunteer hours), I get lots of college credit in entomology. :D :D :D

I like North Carolina weather a lot. Nice long summers, but the winters get just cold enough to get some snow. By the time I'm getting sick of the cold, its warming up. B) I would like to move to the south or south west though. The insect fauna is so much more diverse!