Katnapper - (US)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rayg

Reaction score
Becky took the initiative to offer mated female S. carolinas to me from an old classified posting I had given up on. She was a pleasure to communicate with and took the utmost care in making sure that the girls made it safely. Thank you so much. I hope we can do more trading in the future.

Ray

got an ooth from Katnapper (thought i left feedback but i guess i didnt.....) few months ago finally took it out of diapause will do biz again ;)

I sent Becky a few adult female Giant Shields a while back. There was no request for anything in return. Becky was nice enough to send me the first ooth laid as a "thank you". She didn't even ask me to pay shipping! The ooth itself looks good and should "pop" in a week or so. Well packed and arrived in perfect condition.

Very friendly and great comm. She has been a pleasure to work with and a wonderful addition to this forum! I highly recommend her as a breeder AND as a friend!!!

Traded with Becky and all went well. My mantids came with a little too much moisture and not enough air flow but I let her know and I doubt it will happen again.

I recieved some cups and nymphs from Becky. Everything was very well packed and in great shape. I will deffinetly be doing bussiness with her again! She is very friendly and quik to respond to my emails. I am very pleased with her service. Thank-you again!

Paul

Traded with Becky and all went well. My mantids came with a little too much moisture and not enough air flow but I let her know and I doubt it will happen again.
I sent the nymphs packed individually in 2 oz. plastic cups with at least 5-7 pinholes in each lid. I'm sure this provided more than adequate air flow. In his "How I Pack My Parcel" thread, Yen suggests poking 1 hole in each lid, and says even that is not really necessary. I wouldn't keep any mantis in a container for extended periods with only pin holes for ventilation. The containers were prepared to provide optimum conditions during shipping, even in case of delays in transit.

I'd moistened each hot-glued down paper towel strip moderately well (fairly damp but not dripping). This was nowhere near excessive in my estimation as this species has a substantially higher rate of mis-molts, especially from the L1 to L3 stages. The increased moisture level was to prevent any mis-molts in transit, which it did. All nymphs arrived alive and safe the next day with Express overnight service. If I had to do it over, I would ship the exact same way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there. I bought 5 Rhombodera basalis nymphs for a SUPER low price and she added 2 more for FREE! The packaging was perfect and all 7 nymphs arrived safely, well packaged, and each container had 2-3 fruit flies ready to be eaten! Just enough humidity and all. I can't imagine she even made much money on this, really.. that good of a price. I was so happy with my purchase, I sent her $10. That barely covers all the advice she's giving me too ;) WILL buy again!

I sent the nymphs packed individually in 2 oz. plastic cups with at least 5-7 pinholes in each lid. I'm sure this provided more than adequate air flow. In his "How I Pack My Parcel" thread, Yen suggests poking 1 hole in each lid, and says even that is not really necessary. I wouldn't keep any mantis in a container for extended periods with only pin holes for ventilation. The containers were prepared to provide optimum conditions during shipping, even in case of delays in transit. I'd moistened each hot-glued down paper towel strip moderately well (fairly damp but not dripping). This was nowhere near excessive in my estimation as this species has a substantially higher rate of mis-molts, especially from the L1 to L3 stages. The increased moisture level was to prevent any mis-molts in transit, which it did. All nymphs arrived alive and safe the next day with Express overnight service. If I had to do it over, I would ship the exact same way.
I just got 7 nymphs in precisely the same 2oz containers from Katnapper. They are ALL alive and you didn't even send them NEXT day. Great packaging, great air flow, and great humidity. Also, they had 1-3 spare fruit flies in each container. They probably could have lived another 2-3 (or more) days in those little cups.

7 nymphs, 3 days on the road in the Midwest during 38-55 degree weather. 100% survival. Nuff said.

I did a "swap" with Katt that was more like a ripoff with me the ripper and Katt the rippee. In exchange fo a cuppla ooths, I got two ooths packed in those cute little cups that Yen is famous for, with dates when laid included (one was a P. chlorophaea, yay!) an adult female ghost, a surpise male ghost, and a pot o'flies, which I sorely needed.

For those few who don't know, Yuma is 1517 miles (2441 km.) from where Katt lives in Illinois and the temperature gradient was from 46F to 81F over a three day (Priority mail) period. She included a heat pack (a dangerous practice! According to the instructions, I ["personne agee"] shouldn't be allowed to handle it without supervision!) and the mantids were as healthy and comfortable on arrival as those in my bug room. You can't beat adequate moisture and good ventillation! :lol:

Deal with Katnapper and you deal with a breeder who not only cares about her mantids but cares about her clients. Proud to call her friend.

Katt: I have written "Superwoman" and "Batman" on their pots, but I am just a softy at heart, and to me, they'll always be "P.paradoxa AF#3 and AM #2! :D

Don't we all love Becky? :D

I just received my package! Very very well packed and with a nice note. Thanks Becky! Will let you know how all goes :)

Oh did i mention it was superrrr packed? :lol: :lol:

I have done a good trade with Becky! I got an extremly well packed and the speedest package in my whole breeding history - from US to Poland only 3 days !!

got 8 ooths from becky , great packing cant fault it and a extra for free , many thanks from a mantid breeder in the UK

Becky has come throught for me once again! She has held up her part in our trade agreement, by sending me a great looking ooth. I look forward to future transactions with the very sweet and generous Becky! Highly recommended!

Thank-you!

Paul

Update! The ooth i receieved from Becky just hatched some awsome looking Texas unicorn nymphs!

I just got a pair of ooths from Becky. Nothing really exciting at first until you realize these were ooths I had mentioned wanting several months ago. And they just showed up out of the blue! No request for money or trade. Very generous indeed!!

Packing was top notch and she even provided written details regarding each ooth origin.

Thanks again Becky!!!

Just wanted to say I ordered an Ooth from Becky, received the Ooth in 2 days. Not to mention she threw in 3 L'2 nymphs out of the blue!!

Great Service all around, Will order from again for sure!

I said yesterday that I had recieved what was going to be my last shipment of nymphs because of the weather. Today it was 112F (45C) in Yuma, so I was irritated that Katt's parcel to me containg an ooth had been left in my mailbox, instead of at the door, though since it was a Texas Unicorn, I was not very concerned. I was on the way to see Sunny, a twenty minute walk, and opened the package there. I was seriously surprised to find not just the ooth (with name of mother, aww :p ) but three lively nymphs, including one that had molted safely in transit.! Now that's packing!

Thanks Katt, and you too, Great Mantis Goddess (Blessed be Your Name)!

i ordered 3 unicorns & 2 ghosts & w/ priority mail they got to me healthy & looked soooo cool!!!!!!!! very personable & a joy to communicate with. i also got 2 free ghosts.

overall the 2nd best breeder i've had the pleasure of dealing with..

Latest posts