Katnapper - (US)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, today, Sunday, May 17 I finally tracked down my package of Texas babies from Becky!!!! She sent them out expeditiously but the day of delivery I now recall taking my sister to the ER the one day I was not home for a delivery, as he normally gets here between 12:30 and 1:30 like clockwork!

Instead of leaving a notice he just dropped the package across the street and our main office and still no one over there had the decency to even call me to let me know it was just sitting there on the floor behind the front desk. :angry: It was just instinct that lead me to go over there other than that I was going to go POSTAL on the Post office tomorrow as they have a track record of being very unprofessional and negligent with the mail. Anyway, the babies arrive healthy and happy and ready to get out of the little cups and feed on juicy FFs!!!! :D

Thanks Becky!! Very quick delivery tight and smug happy little dudes!!!! Will buy from you any day!!!! ;)

i ordered 3 unicorns & 2 ghosts & w/ priority mail they got to me healthy & looked soooo cool!!!!!!!! very personable & a joy to communicate with. i also got 2 free ghosts.overall the 2nd best breeder i've had the pleasure of dealing with..
CORRECTION!!!!!!!! i was about to use the box today, which katnapper had sent my mantids in. & what falls out but an extra unicorn... i was soooo happy to find another unexpected gift. feed the little guy right away...

Thanks Katnapper!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just recieved my package of nymphs from Becky. Not only did she give me what i wanted, but she through in a bunch of free nymphs of a few other species! What a great, and generous breeder she is. I will deffinetly be doing bussiness with her again. If you have not bought from her yet, please do. You will never be disapointed.

Thank-you!

Paul

On May 5th I ordered an Ooth from Becky. She shipped it out the same day, priority, and sent me a tracking code. Absolutely nothing showed up when I entered the tracking code, and Becky was getting the same, nothing. After a week Becky called USPS and was told they do not track priority packages. As it had been so long Becky let me know that she had included 3 nymphs as a surprise, but they would likely arrive DOA due to the time delay.

Well, today is May 19th (2 full weeks later), and the package finally arrived. Only a combination of the US postal service and Canada Post could take 2 full weeks to deliver a priority package, I could have driven to Becky's house, picked up the Ooth, driven home, and had them for a week already.

Unfortunately, once USPS had the package in their inefficient little hands there was nothing Becky nor I could do about it. Becky shipped with incredible speed, and high priority as promised.

Now, 2 full weeks later I receive the package. Upon opening it I take note of the incredible packing job done by Becky, something one day I hope I can duplicate. But here is the kicker, 14 full days after shipment, all three nymphs have completed a molt in transit, and 2 of the three nymphs are still alive!!!!!!

Only Becky's planning and execution on her incredible packing job allowed these nymphs to survive, and for that she deserves major cudo's!!!!!!!

Thanks Becky, not only for the great packing job and a perfect Ooth but for the surprise nymphs, they are great!!!!!

I would recommend dealing with Becky anytime you can!

I ordered 2 Phyllovates chlorophaea ooths from Becky to be shipped to UK. They were sent out the same day priority mail (thats a US thing i guess :p )

Sent out 15/05/09

They arrived today 21/05/09.

Woot! She also included 2 free nymphs just incase they could make the journey. And they did! What a star!

Also as others have commented, great packaging (cant imagine anything happening to it lol)

Overall a much recommended breeder/seller! Cant wait to buy more when i get back from Malaysia! :p

thanks again Becky!

I did a trade a while back with Becky her packing was great all the nymphs made it fine took a while for me to send my end of the deal due to a few issues but Becky wasn't worried. Definitely recommend her and I hopefully will do buisness with her again.

At the beginning of May, I got a surprise package from Becky. She had remembered that I mentioned wanting to try the Texicorns again. So without any warning, she sent an ooth! Great surprise indeed. It hatched on 25 May. Over 50 little critters popped out! The ooth arrived well packed and even came with a wild caught S. carolina ooth. Still waiting on that one. Many thanks Becky!!!

Mike

Katnapper is an excellent breeder and I recommend her highly. She is an excellent shipper, generous, and also a great mantis friend. The best thing is that she is super knowledgeable about the mantids she keeps and is always eager to share her expertise to improve the hobby and help fellow hobbyists.

[SIZE=14pt]I had order 10 tex from Becky, then she get sick so it was a bit of a wait for them but, she PMed me about the hole thing from the Hosp that was just to cool for het to do giveing that she was in a hosp bed.[/SIZE]

Today they came in packing was good and not only did the 10 +3 get here, but they were all looking good, thank you Becky.

I would and will buy from her again :D

katnapper is so nice!

i wanted a texas unicorn ooth and katnapper offered it to me for only $35 including postage. she packed them so well :) oh and! she gave me an extra ooth!

i also got it in 5 days from the US :D amazing.

we love you katnapper x)

The Texas Unicorn ooth hatch with only 4 nymphs, I contacted Becky and she send me a replacement with extra nymphs...THANKS!!!

My latest package from Katt was a Budwing ooth together with her usual extras :D The ooth was empty though. It had hatched in transit and over 150 nymphs were running around the 32oz pit, happy as can be without a dead un amongst them.

Luv ya, Katt! :p

Here's echoing all the other positive feedback. Last month I bought a texas unicorn ooth from Becky. She packed it up and mailed it the same day. It arrived only TWO days later and was packed exceptionally well, she wrote a very nice note and even included a free Statilia parva ooth too! She answered all my questions and sent a detailed caresheet and her observations on them. The ooth hatched just a few days ago and I couldn't be happier! I would definitely deal with Katnapper again. Thanks so much!

Did a trade. Becky is like the easiest person to work with. Definitely recommended!!!

Just received a budwig ooth from Becky, extremely well packed, not hatched yet like Phil's, but can't be long off. This one only took 6 days to get to me, unlike the Survivor USPS situation back in May!! We all know shipping is out of our control once we hand the package over, but from 14 days down to 6 days makes me wonder how hard these postal folks actually work. Maybe it's like a car (don't buy one built on mon or fri), shipping on Monday and friday not good, shipping on tues/wed/thurs better.

Anyway, the budwig ooth was a replacement for what we were beginning to think was an infertile ooth from the Survivor USPS shipment. So I get the budwig ooth, and low and behold the Texas Unicorn ooth from Survivor USPS hatches with about 60 babies now wreaking havok.

As always Becky is prompt, ships fast, great to deal with and always follows up.

bought some budwing nymphs from becky everything went well very well packed Very friendly and great comm. :)

When you buy from Becky, you can expect EXCELLENT service, communication, and a perfect product. Becky packed my Budwing ooth flawlessly, in a NICE 32oz cup, ready to hatch. She even put a big fat label on my cup giving the species/sub-species, common name, and the birth date of the ooth. Precise, and perfect. I even got an email with a tracking number and everything. She even followed up with an email telling me she sent it. Very good breeder.

A++++++

Latest posts