L3-L4 housing

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukony

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am wondering what you all use for hosuing larger L3-L4 mantids. I went to a local costco type place for cups but they were all too large.

cups, jars, general tupperware, appropriate size, after a while you kind of get a "feel" for what size is appropriate i guess. i've found that starbucks have some nice sized cups, what frappuccinos and cold drinks come in, dont ask for foam though cos they give you a domed lid. but yeh they do good sized cups, i'm sure any other coffee shop would. how big were these cups? i imagine "cups" to be a perfect size for L3-4. also depends on what species of mantis obviously.

Well, right now my spiny flower mantid is just fine in his enclosure since he is smaller. My marbled mantids and giant indian mantids are getting a little larger and they fit well in their enclosure but I want them to have a bit more spave for molting. Those enclosures are about two times the size of them.

There is nothing specific you have to use. Use whatever works for you that you can find. I personally use small 2 1/2 gallon tanks that can be divided with glass dividers.

Ya, I know there are no specifics. I was just tryng to get some ideas of places to look.

supermarkets for plastic party cups or plastic tumblers, starbucks and other coffee shops for clear plastic cups with lids, ebay, your fridge/cupboard for jars and whatnot, do you have "pound shops" where you live? you can usually pick up some good tupperware for pretty cheap. just use your imagination i guess.

Latest posts