LAME's Collection Thread.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to join the Idolo effort eventually xD, the male I had from third instar was a really entertaining creature. Shame he failed the shed to sub when I wasn't home for a few days :( decided to shed too low. Would have been able to adjust the cage had I been home.

I'd love to join the Idolo effort eventually xD, the male I had from third instar was a really entertaining creature. Shame he failed the shed to sub when I wasn't home for a few days :( decided to shed too low. Would have been able to adjust the cage had I been home.
Truth be told? I stopped using sticks with them unless I wrap it in shelf liner or mesh to prevent that from happening. I usually don't even bother using them though, the setups I've been using have been working thus far.

"...if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Lol. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropping a photo of the male's coloring.

20160503_094534_zpscxfaw36d.jpg

Quite a few ups and downs... Chin up ... you are doing a great job... thanks for sharing!

Quite a few ups and downs... Chin up ... you are doing a great job... thanks for sharing!
Yeah..  but things are going as planned now. I just sent the male out for breeding a few days back. He wasn't too thrilled about it Lol...

I've got a few photos I'll upload of that.

@dmina Pm me sometime, you've been away for a while now. :)  

Photos of the male shipped out for breeding.

Wow, what's with the cut-proof meat cutter/butcher gloves? Is a Idolo that much of a beast you have to wear them? :D

He looks great, I hope he arrives safe and sound.

Wow, what's with the cut-proof meat cutter/butcher gloves? Is a Idolo that much of a beast you have to wear them? :D

He looks great, I hope he arrives safe and sound.
Lol was wondering if anyone would notice that. ;)   no, I wear them when I handle the adult idolos, just as a safety precaution to prevent slipping and/or falling. 

Lol was wondering if anyone would notice that. ;)   no, I wear them when I handle the adult idolos, just as a safety precaution to prevent slipping and/or falling. 
Too many years working as one at slaughter houses and grocery stores not to notice. :D Sounds like a good idea to prevent anything silly from happening.

05.23.14:

Just a small update on this one.. 

All my new idolo babies have molted again, they're all now L3.

The male was indeed shipped out, made his trip, and IS now fulfilling his purpose. 

;)   

Great to hear he arrived fine and is doing his job. ;) Any photos of your new babies?
Actually I still haven't shot any photos yet.. I should really get to doing that lol.

Been busy lately, I'm in the middle of trying to move so I maaaaaay have already packed up the Canon and the smartphone cam I was using.

If anything I'll shoot a few off my droid, not the best... But something atleast.

Sidenote - I've shipped all of my crew out to fellow members, aside from a few ghosts and the idolomantises.