Lets see the face behind the username!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tuh-duh...

4044371610_0e740044e3.jpg

And yes i did have a shave right after this (taken about 15 mins ago)

I finally have a recent picture of me. Taken earlier today
4058925999_0856822abe.jpg
Way to go, Yeatzee! Not sure that I'd be able to identify you in a lineup from that pic, though! I'm extremely bad at U.S. military firearms, but I guess that that is a M16A1? I was about 18 mos older than you when I first got to shoot military small arms, and always preferred NBWs, but to make things more fun, our targets got to shoot back. How about you?

Way to go, Yeatzee! Not sure that I'd be able to identify you in a lineup from that pic, though! I'm extremely bad at U.S. military firearms, but I guess that that is a M16A1? I was about 18 mos older than you when I first got to shoot military small arms, and always preferred NBWs, but to make things more fun, our targets got to shoot back. How about you?
I guess it would be considered a modified for police use M16A2/A3 (difference between both are the firing modes but since its semi only im not sure) with a telescopic stock and shortened outer barrel.

Excuse my ignorance but NBW's?

I shoot a lot, mostly competition trap/skeet but I also shoot a lot of .22 with my CZ USA 452. This was a friend of my families rifle, who we went shooting with today. He is in our local version of "swat".... nuff said ;)

Ha, your right I somehow escape all dead on pictures of my face :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
here's another....this shot is kind of cool because it shows the recoil and casing leaving th chamber.

4059524485_f1a1148de4.jpg

edit: I had to teach my dad how to manual focus (since I had an old film lens on the camera) on the spot to get these pictures :lol: :lol:

I guess it would be considered a modified for police use M16A2/A3 (difference between both are the firing modes but since its semi only im not sure) with a telescopic stock and shortened outer barrel. Excuse my ignorance but NBW's?

I shoot a lot, mostly competition trap/skeet but I also shoot a lot of .22 with my CZ USA 452. This was a friend of my families rifle, who we went shooting with today. He is in our local version of "swat".... nuff said ;)

Ha, your right I somehow escape all dead on pictures of my face :lol:
I checked "non ballistic weapons" on Google, and it turns out that you weren't being ignorant, I was being obscure :D None ballistic weapons in a military context were mostly double edged knives (stiletto) not unlike the Ka Bar but lighter and intended only for killing. We also used "piano wire," though the wire had a triangular cross section, and a military version of the kukris, which was mainly used as a machete. Interestingly, we were obliged, under standing orders, to take completely useless Lee Enfields into combat with us. We stashed them close to the pickup point and carried two sten guns instead.

Stick with yr skeet shooting Yeatzee. Its the smart way to go.

For an available light pic, that second one has a lot going for it. It must have been a bright day!

I checked "non ballistic weapons" on Google, and it turns out that you weren't being ignorant, I was being obscure :D None ballistic weapons in a military context were mostly double edged knives (stiletto) not unlike the Ka Bar but lighter and intended only for killing. We also used "piano wire," though the wire had a triangular cross section, and a military version of the kukris, which was mainly used as a machete. Interestingly, we were obliged, under standing orders, to take completely useless Lee Enfields into combat with us. We stashed them close to the pickup point and carried two sten guns instead.Stick with yr skeet shooting Yeatzee. Its the smart way to go.

For an available light pic, that second one has a lot going for it. It must have been a bright day!
Interesting insight PhilinYuma!

Im not giving up skeet shooting or .22lr shooting anytime soon. I could shoot a 1000 rounds of .223 and still have more fun shooting half that with the .22lr.

Ha, well It was either expose me perfectly and blow the highlights or vice versa. But yes it was a very bright day.

I'm extremely bad at U.S. military firearms, but I guess that that is a M16A1? I was about 18 mos older than you when I first got to shoot military small arms,
That's actually an AR-15, and I believe civvies would be breaking the law to have an M-16 of any variety. Or even M-16 parts. The parts are just a little different, but the main thing is the capability of automatic or burst fire. And that's where all the fun is ;) :lol:

And while semi-auto is great, I'd rather spit the casings myself.

That's actually an AR-15, and I believe civvies would be breaking the law to have an M-16 of any variety. Or even M-16 parts. The parts are just a little different, but the main thing is the capability of automatic or burst fire. And that's where all the fun is ;) :lol: And while semi-auto is great, I'd rather spit the casings myself.
Right, but its a cops gun so Im not exactly sure how it would be designated.

Edit: Now that I think about it your right since it was only semi meaning it would still be considered an AR-15 varient

Right, but its a cops gun so Im not exactly sure how it would be designated.Edit: Now that I think about it your right since it was only semi meaning it would still be considered an AR-15 varient
Good news, guys! I checked with Son the Fed and got the skinny. Despite the very confusing and misleading information here: http://www.westernfirearms.com/wfc/default?set=06

you too can become the proud owner of an unmodified military rifle. The states only determine what you can carry -- concealed or not -- it is the Feds who decide what you can own. If you want a class three weapon, essentially a fully automatic weapon, all you have to do is apply to the ATF using the appropriate form, which requires you to explain why you need such massive firepower. "The squirrels in my area are becoming increasingly aggressive." They will consider your request, do a security check that is substantially more rigorous than the one for your Saturday Night Special (actually, they don't. They "outsource" the investigation to a private company! And yes, I have been interviewed by these gentlemen on several occasions). After an appropriate time, ATF will notify you that your request has been denied. There is no appeal. On the other hand, Yeatzee, your friend the SWAT would probably be considered to meet the security requirements without a check. My son, as a Fed most certainly would, and when he puts in his obligatory range time for certification, he sees fellow feds with all sorts of fully automatic weapons.

With one brief and comical exception, I have always banned the keeping of firearms in my house and am proud that my sons who use them professionally, only own service firearms. I have absolutely no problem with anybody following any hobby that does not mentally or physically harm anyone else, but I have always wondered why folks try to kill paper squares and chunks of clay with bullets. All handguns and all military small arms are designed for one purpose, to kill one's fellow man. It is most unfortunate that the most effective "home protection" firearm, a well choked sawed off shotgun is so illegal that even a federal agent may not own one (believe me, I checked!). This is the only civilian gun for which I have ever had any real affection. I have many close friends who are the proud owners of gun collections. Sometimes, after a few drinks, I pull out my trusty (and legal, of course!) knife and ask "ever tried one of these?" They look at me in disbelief. C'est la vie.

That's actually an AR-15, and I believe civvies would be breaking the law to have an M-16 of any variety. Or even M-16 parts. The parts are just a little different, but the main thing is the capability of automatic or burst fire. And that's where all the fun is ;) :lol: And while semi-auto is great, I'd rather spit the casings myself.
You can own an actual M16 if you have the proper permits and the insane amount of cash it takes to buy one. The one in the pic is not an M16. Probably just an AR of which there are a lot of varieties.

With one brief and comical exception, I have always banned the keeping of firearms in my house and am proud that my sons who use them professionally, only own service firearms. I have absolutely no problem with anybody following any hobby that does not mentally or physically harm anyone else, but I have always wondered why folks try to kill paper squares and chunks of clay with bullets. All handguns and all military small arms are designed for one purpose, to kill one's fellow man. It is most unfortunate that the most effective "home protection" firearm, a well choked sawed off shotgun is so illegal that even a federal agent may not own one (believe me, I checked!). This is the only civilian gun for which I have ever had any real affection. I have many close friends who are the proud owners of gun collections. Sometimes, after a few drinks, I pull out my trusty (and legal, of course!) knife and ask "ever tried one of these?" They look at me in disbelief. C'est la vie.
:blink: Wow. I guess this isn't the place to talk about this. Lets just say my views are different.

Latest posts