Lets see the face behind the username!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see the trick photography picture ya'll are talking about...

anyways, here's me looking nerdy - most people guess I'm 13-14 but I'm actually much younger!

3964781487_cbea29081d.jpg

Bringing back an old thread.

Day hunt for mantis at New Caney, Texas

newcaney.jpg

Night hunt (Light trap) at Brookeshire, Texas with friends (Dustin where are you now?!?!). I am the one with white cap.

brookhire.jpg

Bug hunting at Kingwood, Texas... about to leave

buhhunt1.jpg

Night hunt (light trap) at Savannah, Missouri

lighttrap.jpg

Nice pics Yen. The Dollar General sign in the background looks funny.

Nice pics Yen. The Dollar General sign in the background looks funny.
Yeah i agree, very outstanding :lol:

But i hope the store will be there forever as its light at night attracted plenty of mantis and i labelled my collection based on that store too...... this is just one of the pinned collection sets :D :D :D

ds-stagmotx1.jpg

ds-stagmotx2.jpg

Yeah i agree, very outstanding :lol: But i hope the store will be there forever as its light at night attracted plenty of mantis and i labelled my collection based on that store too...... this is just one of the pinned collection sets :D :D :D
Yen, those are some nice mantids! Did you happen to get any live ones... New stock? ;)

Yen, those are some nice mantids! Did you happen to get any live ones... New stock? ;)
Thanks Ben, Yes there were all alive but i freeze some of them so i could spread the mantis up for further taxonomy study. I will check this batch with Carolina mantis collected from other places they somehow look different which is why i labelled them as Stagmomantis sp. for now but could still be S. carolina unless proven otherwise.

Now lets see some new faces from other forum members......

Really cool Yen. Are those pinned mantids frozen then just pinned? I'd like to pin some of my mantids, but they always lose their color :( .

Really cool Yen. Are those pinned mantids frozen then just pinned? I'd like to pin some of my mantids, but they always lose their color :( .
That's what I do. Some of them still discolor. Not sure if Yen has that issue or not.

I froze one of my sister's mismolted budwing's last night and color got even brighter than it was before. it was like, neon green. crazy!

Scratch this, my selective reading skimmed over the word mismolt :p

"I hope it wasn't alive still! That would have been terrible :p "

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, the general consensus is that freezing mantids (or other creatures) is the least cruel or kindest way to euthanize them.
Yeah didn't read that mismolted part (selective reading :p ). Blonde moment :p , uh I mean, just a moment :p I've had to go through that path like 12 times now -.-

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts