Lets see what you use

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mantids425.jpg

mantids091.jpg

containers.jpg

soon il be moving in to the shed with them..but i have to set it up 1st so for now i house them in a bedroom.

2x 1ft x 1ft net cages.15x flowermantids L5 in each cage

2274259104_3b4744086d_o.jpg

2x 1ft x 1ft net cages.each net cage has a sub adult idol mantis in each.

2273463795_d8a95c4e0b_o.jpg

sweetie jars for bigger mantids and half pint cups for the nymphs..also u see my fruit fly cultures in front of the cups..and 3 net cages..2 has 15 flowermantids in each and the one on top has jade mantis pregnant female

2273463731_1726982ca1_o.jpg

2274258886_be50880222_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick: I see you have side openings for feeding. What process do you use to remove flies from their culture and insert them into the mantid's enclosure?

Also, what do you have on the cup lids for them to perch on? Did you hot glue some fabric?

what are those square glass enclosures. where do you get them. how much?What is the best container/cage to buy for a ghost mantis? orchid?
They are not from glas, but from plastic.

I bought them on a Dutch exchange fair, I think they were around € 2,- each

I have no idea if you can buy them were you live..

This is the brand: Braplast

Rick: I see you have side openings for feeding. What process do you use to remove flies from their culture and insert them into the mantid's enclosure?Also, what do you have on the cup lids for them to perch on? Did you hot glue some fabric?
For fruit flies I insert a funnel into the hole and dump them in. For larger prey I remove the plug and using long tweezers just drop in the food.

I don't put anything on the lids. They underside is covered in fabric. They hand just fine by that.

well i dont get sheding probelms...when it warms up a bit il go to the forest and get some.
That's not necessary as long as you have a good perching lid, like the netting you use over your cups. Sticks can actually get in the way if the cage isn't big enough. All my mantids aren't housed with sticks and they do fine since I keep them in cages with grippable lids. :p

Macrojunkie- where did you get those lovely little square mesh cages? I've been looking for another small mesh cage since the mesh ones I used to buy were discontinued.

Last edited by a moderator: