Lets see what you use

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to love this thread when everyone posted their enclosures but sadly it has traveled to the third page where it is never seen....SOOO I found a way to bring it back ;)

im moving my mantids out of their usual spot for some cleaning so I took advantage of it and took some pictures.

two ghosts live in here currently and can be seen in this picture

4200884021_d157f04dc8.jpg

and another shot of the ghost enclosure:

4200877267_4791460ed3.jpg

budwings temporary home

4200877411_03f5046934.jpg

Awaiting the swarm of nymphs

4200877307_439968fb0d.jpg

Another larger critter keeper I have:

4200877399_3fa88a3e86_b.jpg

nymph's homes

4200877259_f4a7aee666.jpg

All together:

4200877271_22e1f09d77.jpg

Ha, thanks Katnapper :lol:

Im a big fan of keeping my mantids in nice looking preferably larger containers..... I've been dubbed "mantid man" ( :rolleyes: ) from family friends and they frequently want to see the bugs when over at our house. Its nice to be able to show them off in spiffy looking enclosures.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got my bigger, more permanent bug area set up (before most were hanging out on book shelves or on my snake cage to mooch off his heating lamp), so I thought I'd share how it looks currently:

img1262668176291-1.jpg

I finally got my bigger, more permanent bug area set up (before most were hanging out on book shelves or on my snake cage to mooch off his heating lamp), so I thought I'd share how it looks currently:
img1262668176291-1.jpg
There are those metal type of shelves again, lol. :lol: I wonder just how many of us have our mantids on these, hehe. ;)

The metal shelves were very cheap, offer plenty of air-flow, aren't a fire-hazard when paired with a heating lamp, and are cat-resistant (my cats refuse to try and stand on wire shelves). Perfect choice!

OMG unicorn mantis thats soo awesome i think i might do something like that for my ghosts to :p !!

Glad you like it. The mantids (specifically the ghosts) love it. I've got another generation of males and a female in there right now :)

Glad you like it. The mantids (specifically the ghosts) love it. I've got another generation of males and a female in there right now :)
Man thats a real classy set up you got there! Are you using a mixture of live and fake plants are all they all fake or live? I kind of want to experiement with a small plant terrarium where i can let some orchid mantids crawl around.

Latest posts