• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for a breeder selling Ghost nymphs (UK-based)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamkeir

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm trying to find breeders of Ghosts in the UK.

Interested to know:

- Quantities available (and when - I know some ooths have due dates :)

- Instar/s available (the younger the better, whilst be old enough to safely post)

- Costs/bulk discounts if any

That said, if there are any breeders of indian flower, wahlberghii, orchid or gambian - would be interested to hear from you too.

Thank you in advance :)

Keir

P.S. Sorry, overseas is no good as the cost is too high!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all, just bumping my topic - please do get in touch if you know are or know of any Ghost breeders! :)

Aaaanybooody? :) *tumbleweed*

I've had some replies from folks overseas (thanks guys) but still wondering if any folks in the UK are breeding?

Keir

Why don't you look into purchasing an ootheca? Shipping is minimized and you get a lot of the buggers. That is if it is incubated right. Good luck.

Why don't you look into purchasing an ootheca? Shipping is minimized and you get a lot of the buggers. That is if it is incubated right. Good luck.
Thanks for your reply, Patrick. From speaking to breeders, decided to purchase some nymphs *and* an ootheca as I think you're right - until I have breeding pairs, it'd be worth learning how to look after an ootheca successfully.

Will let you all know how it goes!

Thanks for your reply, Patrick. From speaking to breeders, decided to purchase some nymphs *and* an ootheca as I think you're right - until I have breeding pairs, it'd be worth learning how to look after an ootheca successfully.

Will let you all know how it goes!
Good choice. Cover your bases. You can use the nymphs as a trial run, so you know better "the next time" what and what not to do. I have pretty much learning by trial and error, but with all the info on this forum and the awesome help, it is kinda hard to error with the easier species. I have been more trial and success, rather than trial and error. Good luck with the ooth hatch. I am waiting on a couple ooths as well.

Good choice. Cover your bases. You can use the nymphs as a trial run, so you know better "the next time" what and what not to do. I have pretty much learning by trial and error, but with all the info on this forum and the awesome help, it is kinda hard to error with the easier species. I have been more trial and success, rather than trial and error. Good luck with the ooth hatch. I am waiting on a couple ooths as well.
It'll be the ooth that will be the trial run - I've had nymphs many times before. I'm excited about the prospect of hatching my own though! But you're quite right this, and the other mantis forums, are invaluable - all you guys are so knowledgeable! Thanks for the good luck wishes.

Will update with how I get on!

Latest posts