Macrops? housing?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisnoahdana

Reaction score
can someone tell me best way to keep these as i have not lost mantids for no reason but lost 2 of these and for no reason just dead alive 1 min and gone the next??? matbe not hot enough any help here id be greatfull thanks

can someone tell me best way to keep these as i have not lost mantids for no reason but lost 2 of these and for no reason just dead alive 1 min and gone the next??? matbe not hot enough any help here id be greatfull thanks
You are referring to the long neck mantis, Euchomenella macrops, no? You don't tell us the age of your deaduns, temp, humidity food or housing, so it's impossible to even guess, but if you got them from Hibiscusmile and Mantis Place, then you should talk with her.

Hi Crisp! Will tell u here so all can see. They like a temp of about 72 or above, but I dont go much over room temp cept in summer, they do like to have a drink every day, they are a thirsty bunch, also they prefer crickets to flies, the male adults will eat the blue bottles, but the females only will if starving, they want to hunt the crickets and do so with relish. Other than that, they are fine together for the most part, I will check your email to see how u r keeping them, and reply when u get back.

Latest posts