Mantisplace Vs. Mantispets?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They charge 50$ for one idolomantis diabolica nymph, 45 for one dessicata! I think mantisplace is better for feeders.

But mantispets has low prices for nymphs. Both have great high-quality cages.
I agree. The prices for the idolos and dessicatas are way too high. I would charge (if i had a website) $8.00 for both

Another thing about MantisPlace is that the mantids I've recieved from Rebecca(from this forum, not her site) have been in super good health and were nice and plump.
Again i agree. Everytime i order from Rebecca they are in top notch health :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am new to all this but I have to say, I think Mantisplace is the only place to go.

I didn't find anything in stock that I wanted at other sites!

Also she is very responsive!

Go Mantisplace!

that's cheaper than I've ever seen idolos! You should open up your own site!
I wish! I gotta get working on breeding my mantids. And also i'm only 13

Then again, these are a really hard species to keep. I 'd probably reconsider that <_<

I haven't heard of Mantis Pets.

I'm a big fan of Rebecca's Mantisplace because of the care she gives. Even though it is a business she is still willing to spend time hand feeding an older/injured mantis. She also often throws in freebee mantises and supplies. <3

Gotta say, u guys are great! One reason my mantis are expensive is because this is my livelyhood now. In other words it is how I take care of us. And as you know this is a full time job, no day off, no sleeping in. I try to buy from the best breeders and I pay whatever they ask. Everything I offer is alwasy available as I do not purchase one of something, but I buy cases. Sometimes I am waiting on an order to come in, but usually it is here in stock, very rarely is anything out of stock! Customers do not want to wait, they want it now and I try very hard to make sure it is always on hand.
Rebecca, I think you posted something once that explained really well why you charge what you do (e.g., investment in ooths that don't hatch, etc). Does that sound familiar? I found it once by accident when I was reading older posts. It made a lot of sense, but I was never able to find it again when I intentionally looked for it.

Nearly all of my mantises have come from Mantisplace, yes it's a bit expensive but it is also 100% reliable. The fact is we are all very spoiled to have cheap mantises available on the forum. Rebecca's prices are completely reasonable when you consider that these are exotics. before i joined the forum, My girlfriend bought me an Idolo for my birthday (Mantis place was sold out) and she paid $60 plus shipping from Ireland, because that's the retail value of such a wanted species.

Nearly all of my mantises have come from Mantisplace, yes it's a bit expensive but it is also 100% reliable. The fact is we are all very spoiled to have cheap mantises available on the forum. Rebecca's prices are completely reasonable when you consider that these are exotics. before i joined the forum, My girlfriend bought me an Idolo for my birthday (Mantis place was sold out) and she paid $60 plus shipping from Ireland, because that's the retail value of such a wanted species.
60?!?!? that's crazy!!!!! but i do agree that rebecca is 100% reliable. All of my mantids, except for 2 species, came from rebecca.

Gotta say, u guys are great! One reason my mantis are expensive is because this is my livelyhood now. In other words it is how I take care of us. And as you know this is a full time job, no day off, no sleeping in. I try to buy from the best breeders and I pay whatever they ask. Everything I offer is alwasy available as I do not purchase one of something, but I buy cases. Sometimes I am waiting on an order to come in, but usually it is here in stock, very rarely is anything out of stock! Customers do not want to wait, they want it now and I try very hard to make sure it is always on hand.

Carey has other income from what I see on her site as in reptiles or something & she just started that site a year ago I think more as a hobby then devoted to the mantis like most of us are. We are here everyday because this is where are interest lies!
Maybe you can make a lot more money raising Love Birds, Budgerigars, Zebra Finches, Cockatiels? Do you think so?
I am new to all this but I have to say, I think Mantisplace is the only place to go.

I didn't find anything in stock that I wanted at other sites!

Also she is very responsive!

Go Mantisplace!
What other websites? Mantispets.com is the only other I can find. :D

you will usually find what your looking for from one or both of these sites, they are both reliable sites and reliable people...

Thanks once again, I needed this posting today, been a really hard week with the new website and all, won't even go into the nightmare that is happening with it, my eyes are almost little slits from the tears it has caused with the little help the webmaster is giving me!

Tammy, I remember something of the post, it had to do with something like this one, where pricing was mentioned. Just like with buying off Frey, the prices were in the hundreds and I got nothing for it. Then remember the fake idolomantis ooths myself and a couple others got? We really nailed his buttheadgest with paypal and the feds! Then recently Bartek with the orchids that were in the tiny tubes and the one, ( I never told anyone but Tammy) was eating the tissue when I opened her vial, can't tell you the tears and pain that went with seeing something starving like that. So yea, you pay for a lot of promises and hope they turn out, all in all, someway you have to recoup your money, it may take time, but in this business you really cannot go and find the species like you can a lot of things, so they are costly when you do aquire them.

I have a hard enough time with my stupid soft heart keeping the mantis in a cage, I wanted birds all my life, but I cannot justify wanting it and them being made to fly while I keep them penned up, just can't do it. I go outside and feed them and listen to their songs and it fills me with calm.

I remember the story about the orchids in the tiny tubes. That was really sad :( I felt horrible reading that. I can't imagine how hard it is for you to receive very rare and exotic species. Are the mantises from overseas very expensive?

But Rebecca you always deliver 100% and my mantids are always in perfect condition. The only reason my orchid that i got a few years back died is because she mismoulted

Yes, that case was awful, I 've had bad, but that was the worse, the tubes were the same size as the mantis and they were in the mail over 2 weeks, stuck in there with tissue paper, Dear God forgive me for my part in that. when you think about what Nick said about getting them from overseas, you really have to agree with him.

Those orchids I think, I could be wrong were 100.00 each.

i can get 500 bb flies and 500 spikes, enough for 6 weeks of food, from mantisplace for about $13 shipped

mantispets doesnt offer spikes as far as i know and charges $12 for 500

i rear green bottleflies in the summer and can produce thousands of them in a week and i only need about 50 flies a week so each harvest i will save 100-200 maggers for myself then i will sell the extras for like 4-6 dollars

Latest posts