Mating mantises manually

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it doesn't mean it doesn't work with insects. It hasn't been tried yet right?
im sure its been tryed many times.that was one of my Q when i 1st joined this forum..breeding 2 difrent spcies..it cant be done so i was told.be so cool tho if it could..u could cross some cool ones..idol x flowermantis..lol..orhid x the giant asian..lmfao.ant mantid male on a giant asians back..hahahaha i know im being silly now..lmao

species to species is not a big difference though. I was just giving an example, it doesn't mean it doesn't work with insects. It hasn't been tried yet right?
Been tried actually, by scientists.

Even if the mating is successful and an ootheca is laid, it won't hatch. If it does, the nymphs will probably die/are mutated. Cross breeding really only would work with mantids that are very similar, like Stagmomantis carolina x Stagmomantis limbata, and even with the similarity in the species it will be 99.9% unsuccessful.

Been tried actually, by scientists. Even if the mating is successful and an ootheca is laid, it won't hatch. If it does, the nymphs will probably die/are mutated. Cross breeding really only would work with mantids that are very similar, like Stagmomantis carolina x Stagmomantis limbata, and even with the similarity in the species it will be 99.9% unsuccessful.
so do u think if i have the time and spare mantids it would be worth mating female Hierodula solomonis with a male Hierodula membrace?

Latest posts