Metallyticus violaceus consolidated

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
video of the male hunting a fruit fly

[media]http://youtu.be/fSN_vwY05SE

babies_zps53cae21a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Woot! :D I'm so happy and excited for you Myke! You must be thrilled! I think the nymphs will take down melanos...if they are hungry enough they could probably take em down...if not then mites would be an option. ...how about freshly hatched P nivea roaches? Those are pretty small...

yeah I'm afraid the roaches will eat the babies though if the babies run from them. I'll try them. they are just a little difficult to take out since they looove to burrow lol.

omg they are multiplying as we speak! I think I just caught the ooth as it was just starting to hatch. there's like 20 to 25 in there now.

OMG HUUUGE PROBLEM! they are escaping the enclosure! I found 10 out this morning ARRRRGGG

Ok ok...um....do you have a net cube? Or 32oz deli? Try catching them and putting them all in there....I'm assuming they are as fast as the adults (or pretty close) ....can u put vaseline around the openings so they don't escape? Like for ants vaseline is used to deter them from escaping.... ..

they need bark. netcube will stunt their movement. Vaseline is what I will do...aaaand applied. We will see how that goes. Nice idea Andrew thanks, I use it for roaches all the time never thought of actually using it with "pet" animals.

not the holes of the screen, the tiny gaps between the glass front door and the glass walls. the vaseline did it. they are all enclosed now and aren't leaving any more. great idea.

omg Mala I could kiss you. For some reason the word Springtails wasn't registering. I was thinking you were talking about silverfish. yeah I have springtails for days I will try that

Latest posts