Mold..

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluebman52

Reaction score
I've noticed a little bit of white stuff forming along the bottom of my enclosure. I'm using the coconut husk stuff for bottom substrate. Does anyone know how I can get rid of it? I'd rather not have to fish out all of my L1 nymphs and change the substrate..

Better air movement and some live Long Fiber Sphagnum Moss (LFS) as a substrate will help prevent mold. I am not sure of a safe way (for mantids) to treat the mold without removing it.

Trying digging it out with a tea-spoon. this normally works, just try not to let it spread!

I only get molds in the substrate when it's too moist. Let it dry out some. It won't hurt the mantids to have mold in there.

is it possible to add a small fan to improve the air movement? it works in the vivarium. :D

In addition, Is it possible to add a cup of Springails culture into the enclose? they can control molds and also is commonly used in vivarium.

I am green in mantid keeping, therefore, please tell if i am wrong. :oops:

is it possible to add a small fan to improve the air movement? it works in the vivarium. :D In addition, Is it possible to add a cup of Springails culture into the enclose? they can control molds and also is commonly used in vivarium.

I am green in mantid keeping, therefore, please tell if i am wrong. :oops:
Sure, if you want to. All of that is not needed and is a waste of time IMO.

Wow. Wonderful responses, thank you all.

I'm gonna try letting it dry out and see if that works. The problem with digging it out is that once I open the lid the nymphs are going to try to run out which can lead to problems, obviously lol.

Latest posts