Murphy's Mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamurfjr

Reaction score
Following the example set by some other members, I decided to start a picture thread of my own. Documenting my development/progression through the hobby may prove useful, and perhaps I'll be able to look back on this thread with a sense of accomplishment. Don't expect much in the way of photo quality because I only have a cheapie digital camera at my disposal. Hopefully, I'll be able to acquire better equipment in the near future.

Carolina nymphs from the other night's nocturnal nymphal emission! :lol:

Cnymph1.JPG

One of my Tenodera nymphs, L4.

PossumL4.JPG

Stagmo newborn.

DSCF2256.JPG

...had to settle for leftover ham.

In other news: C. pictipennis ootheca hatched this morning! I estimate around 50-60 nymphs. They are so tiny that it's hard to take a decent picture with my camera.

DSCF2347.JPG

DSCF2348.JPG

Action shot. I think they were kung fu fighting.

DSCF2349.JPG

The time had come to kick most of my Tenodera kids out of the nest. At least I didn't drop them off at the pool. ;) Did my best to record the event with some pictures.

Brave New World...

DSCF2368.jpg

DSCF2369.jpg

DSCF2370.jpg

I dubbed this one knight and guardian of the garden. Its job is to protect the [straw] berries...and twigs! :clown:

DSCF2371.jpg

H. multispina ootheca hatched. Produced approx. 300 nymphs. These little devils are silent but violent like something else of mine. :blink:

DSCF2396.jpg

DSCF2409.jpg

Congrats on the Hatch 300 really 300 can't believe it ....... lol my Original Ooth i got only hatched 70 ... Looks like i did good job mating it lol ...

Latest posts