My bug room

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAHHAHAH love jingles! my cats always want to see my bugs, and they have broken in my room a couple of times and knocked over several containers :( , very good video!

I laughed, I cringed, I marvelled :D

Great bug room. You definitely mean business. You rock!!!

Jingles :lol:

Wow. Since when did you start an operation like that?

Good video, I was afraid to go that it would be to slow, but it was fast paced and I was able to stay awake! :lol: two thumbs up Kat! ps excuse the poor smilie

Nice i wish i had a bug room.... yours is really cool lots of cube nets you could house an army of mantis in those.

Last edited by a moderator:
You gotta be there to truly appreciate it. The sounds all around you, the movements, the sounds, smells (lol), and the heat! It was awesome sitting on the floor, llooking at all of her bugs and talking about our mantid experiences! Her husband is a cool guy with a pinball-machine hobby and her son is a great boy! Katnapper is a very unique and interesting down-to-earth hobbyist!

Thanks everyone!! :D

James, were you cringing at the roaches? lol

I'm glad the video didn't put you to sleep, Rebecca! Obviously, I'm not a spokesperson, lol. :rolleyes:

Rick, after I got hubs to relent about moving my mantids out of the bathroom and into the spare bedroom... it just kind of started growing exponentially from there! :rolleyes: :lol: Even though he doesn't care a whit about any of the "bugs," he's been pretty good at letting me indulge in the hobby. He didn't even say much when I bought the little fridge, and a new humidifier hehe, just for the bug room. We moved in some of the shelving units... and that did OK for a little while. But then I decided the twin size bed we had in there needed to go. I was stacking it full of rows of net cubes 3 high. And it was a pain rotating them to feed... with them falling over, and I had a bunch more all over the floor... and stepping over them. So I finally got him to help me move the bed out of there... and he even went and bought me some more shelving units! :D I recently latched on to the bedroom T.V. (cable and all), haha!! It's bit by bit grown into what it looks like now. Hubs is adament (and has repeatedly reminded me) that it goes no farther than this one room though! :p

Dave, it was so neat when you visited. I thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the floor in the bug room (aren't I a great hostess? :p ) and being able to talk about and share the passion with my mantids with someone else who actually gets into them too!

I want an animal room but the best I can get away with is one large shelving unit in our office. I have a spare room but it is filled with workout equipment.

I want an animal room but the best I can get away with is one large shelving unit in our office. I have a spare room but it is filled with workout equipment.
rick why work out when you could have a army of mantids at your side? :)

Sheer excellence!

My favorite part was, of course, the roaches. Lookin' good. :)

Those crickets make me sick... :p

The roaches set me off :wacko: They were pretty big! Olga recently invested in several Giant Burrowing Cockroaches (world's biggest in surface area). Aargh GROSS

The roaches set me off :wacko: They were pretty big! Olga recently invested in several Giant Burrowing Cockroaches (world's biggest in surface area). Aargh GROSS
Lol, James... those weren't even the biggest ones. I should have opened the Hisser's bin and let you have a gander at them! :lol: I can just see Olga chasing you around with big cockroaches.... :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

Latest posts