My first mantis Susanna died

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! That means a lot.

And I hope you are right. We are treating her eggs so very carefully (when we took them from one location to another I buckled the container just in case!) and they are being cared for with great attention. We are hoping although it's a slim chance, that they are just like her.

On a daily basis people are asking us about owning a mantis. The gf's family are very anxious to own multiple nymphs when they hatch, as are coworkers and friends. They are doing research on their own and know much more today than they did a few weeks ago! About mantises! And with 560 followers on Instagram we are getting PMs everyday from people asking how to obtain one, general care, etc. So like I said she may be gone but her legacy is that now hundreds of people are now very interested in owning one because of her!

Although I am not quite sure they will spoil theirs the way we did. We uh, went overboard a lot of the time. :)

September 5-6th.

Since she is a European mantis we are trying diapause, which for us at least is in a cool garage. We read here that for that type of mantis that is what is best. Besides it's getting pretty cold around here and even if we were to keep them warm enough to hatch before spring I would think that would make things more difficult for them and for the people that would have to go through extra measures to keep them warm enough to survive.

Oh, I am so saddened to hear that Gizmo has passed! We loved (and laughed) at her playing video games---can't tell you how many times we re-played them! Thank you so much for having such acceptance for a mantis that just jumped out of a box of lamps! I think you and your gf are very special people.

Sorry for your loss.

Nancy

Latest posts