My latest project

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bug Trader

Reaction score
Ever get tired of he flimsy butterfly cages? I did. This ones 9''x9''x15'' white aluminum with white no see um mesh. Its a start, I still have to install the base.

9x9x15 003.JPG

Ive been making them for years so it only took me about an hour to make, most people will take 3 hrs Im guessing since rolling in the no see um mesh is harder to do than window screen as its softer. I also have a set of guides for the miter saw so I can cut it all faster they arent the easiest things to make but I love them.

A kit is in the works, but unsure on sizes so far. My group cages for the idolo hoards are 46''x14''x14'' I will post them later.

Wow! This looks AMAZING! You'll have to give us instructions or something! ;)

Perfect sizing for slipping in some live plants, sticks, or just a bunch of lively little nymphs!

Very Nice - Zoo Quality ;) Definately a market if the price is right....
Right now Im just working to advance my own cages and figure out what size are appropriate to make. As far as cost an 18" cube only costs its not bad, I can make them for a decent price.

Probably would be really expensive to ship the completed enclosure.
Not if its dismantled. If I'm right then all of those squares of screen can just slide together pretty easily. So it could be shipped in rectangular panels and assembled at the destination. Needs a significantly smaller shipping box than assembled.

Latest posts