My Luna Moths

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They just keep on mating........

IMG_8403.jpg

Probably my 15th pair lol (I've released all the mated females except for a few otherwise I would become quickly overwhelmed!)

i guess wood isnt the best way to keep them, the male has gone crazy every night and now most of his wings have been torn apart, i feel so bad. There isnt much i can do though =/

Some of them move around but i have just left them alone for awhile hoping they will emerge.

I thought that they were going to stop moving 3-7 days prior to emerging.

Oh and all 5 are still in there :(

oh ya mine are emerged and the only male i guess is dying of old age because he acting wierd and the wood bars are cutting his wings apart. while the females are all normal lol

they probably couldnt make it to a sweetgum tree from my house lol even if they liad eggs somewhere the babies would die having no food around.

lol i only had 5 cats, they had huge trees which would sprout lil leaves at the bottom and they said i could have that, now that im about to have 50 cats lol will see if there so giving. lol

lol i only had 5 cats, they had huge trees which would sprout lil leaves at the bottom and they said i could have that, now that im about to have 50 cats lol will see if there so giving. lol
You should feed most of the luna catts to your mantids and get some hickory horned devils. B)

Well I forgot to harvest some eggs, but today I was reminded that I never did.......

IMG_8482.jpg

I now have a 4th generation. :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts