My Mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I have more pics of my orchids coming soon! They are L2 and L3 now! 

- MantisGirl13

Orchids (L2 and L3) and a very beautiful adult male Violin who molted to adult this morning!

IMG_3617_kindlephoto-5485454.jpgIMG_3615_kindlephoto-5094253.jpgIMG_20181111_143250.jpg

:)  Thanks! I sure love the colors and shapes of these aliens! I had a budwing female molt to adult last night, so more pics coming soon!

- MantisGirl13

If you are using a phone you should buy a clip on macro lens. Makes the photos look great. You can find them on Amazon, eBay, etc. Pretty cheap. 

If you are using a phone you should buy a clip on macro lens. Makes the photos look great. You can find them on Amazon, eBay, etc. Pretty cheap. 
Good idea, but I don't have a phone myself. My mom has taken some great macros of my mantids with her real camera, but we still have to get the pics on the computer before I can post them.

- MantisGirl13

Yeah, The Warriors series by Erin Hunter. I love those books! It is cool that you recognized the names!

I already plan to ask for a camera for Christmas or my birthday!

- MantisGirl13

I remember reading that series a few years ago, I knew those names sounded familiar! What camera are you planning on asking for?

I remember reading that series a few years ago, I knew those names sounded familiar! What camera are you planning on asking for?
I do enjoy those books sometimes! 

Well, for one I forgot to put a camera on my wishlist... So I have to ask for one for my birthday in a few months! I also know next to nothing about cameras, so I have no clue what different types and brands there are!

- MantisGirl13

I am sorry I am so bad at updating this thread! 

I currently am keeping:

4x Orchid mantis (1 L4 male, 2 L5 males, 1 L5 female)

3x Violin mantis (1 eggbound adult female, 1 freshly molted adult female, 1 2 wk old adult male)

3x Giant Asian mantis (2 L5, 1 L6 not sure of gender)

4x African Twig Mantis (all L5ish not sure of gender)

5x Spiny Flower Mantis (1 sub male, 1 sub female, 1 pre-sub female, 2 L4 females)

5x Ghost mantis (1 L3 male, 1 pre-sub male, 3 pre-sub females) 

5x Budwing mantis (4 adult females, 1 pre-sub male)

6x Indian Flower mantis (4 L5 males, 1 L4 male, 1 L5 female)

2x Thistle Mantis ( 1 L5 female, 1 L6 male)

In the mail:

6x Texas Unicorn mantis L2-L3

1x Kenya Flower mantis ooth 

(Thanks, @yen_saw!)

Pictures to follow...

- MantisGirl13

Last edited by a moderator:
Pictures!! (Sorry for the bad quality!)

Char, the Violin mantis during adult molt yesterday:

IMG_4154.jpg

Char as a beautiful adult: (and yes, that is her coloring. I love the dark colors!)

IMG_20190122_110346_hdr.jpg

Valentine, the eggbound violin mantis:

IMG_20190122_110446_hdr.jpg

Popa Spurca African Twig mantis:

(Yes, I am a stick. No mantis to see here! 😛)

IMG_20190122_111118_hdr.jpg

Spiny flower sub female:

IMG_20190122_110953_hdr.jpg

Thistle female:

IMG_20190122_110822_hdr.jpg

Orchid L5 female:

IMG_20190122_110616_hdr.jpg

- MantisGirl13

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts