My Mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id like an idolo or two, but my guy doesnt get those. Maybe he can get me violins. 🤔
I haven't even gotten enough courage to try idolos yet! Violins are a lot easier in my opinion, but still difficult to care for. I hope you can get some someday!

- MantisGirl13

Hey @MantisGirl13, can violins be tweezer-fed BSF larvae in place of adult flies? I've read everywhere that they get sick eating crickets.

I found a reputable feeder insect breeder here in Ontario with excellent reviews.

If all goes according to plan, I'll have a pair of violin nymphs to feed (and a few additional sp.) And, I can wean them ALL off crickets as their main staple.

I also ordered a bin of wax worms. No more buying any larvae from reptile stores.

Hey @MantisGirl13, can violins be tweezer-fed BSF larvae in place of adult flies? I've read everywhere that they get sick eating crickets.

I found a reputable feeder insect breeder here in Ontario with excellent reviews.

If all goes according to plan, I'll have a pair of violin nymphs to feed (and a few additional sp.) And, I can wean them ALL off crickets as their main staple.

I also ordered a bin of wax worms. No more buying any larvae from reptile stores.
Um, I don't know! I would assume so. Are you able to get Violins?!

- MantisGirl13

News:

I lost the adult female ghost a few days ago to old age, so she is now pinned. I lost a subadult male spiny yesterday. He got himself trapped between the flower and the wall in his cage (how?!) and struggled until he was too weak to survive when I found him. The six L3 unicorn mantids arrived safe and sound yesterday, and I got three G. amoena ooths instead of the ONE I ordered! I expect babies soon!

- MantisGirl13

Um, I don't know! I would assume so. Are you able to get Violins?!

- MantisGirl13
Well, if shipments go well, I just puchased a substantial addition to my collection. 

And yeh, it includes a sexed pair of violin nymphs. That's just the start. 😜

Im hyperventilating rn. Bear with me. LoL.

👊🤪

Well, if shipments go well, I just puchased a substantial addition to my collection. 

And yeh, it includes a sexed pair of violin nymphs. That's just the start. 😜

Im hyperventilating rn. Bear with me. LoL.

👊🤪
YAY!!! :)   That is so exciting! Violins are awesome, you will love them! What instar are they? What else did you order? 

- MantisGirl13

New molt! I am so happy that my female spiny finally molted. She is stunning! 

During the molt last night:

IMG_3783.jpg

Molt is done! Look at those wings! My dad took this pic while holding her.

IMG_3791.jpg

- MantisGirl13

Oh wow! She is beautiful!!! ❤️💕

That is a crazy looking shot of her molting; the colors and spiny shapes are so interesting.

Congrats on the molt! 

Latest posts