my mate says hes getting 300 mantis from giant Asian ooth..1 ooth..is he lying ?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macro junkie

Dead Leaf Mantis
Reaction score
i thought it was 100 per ooth? he said and i quote "like i said it all depends on what you feed her 100-400 ...average of 300 he gets"

is this true?i thought u only get 100 if its a good ooth?oh where talking about grandis giant Asian.

Last edited by a moderator:
Giant Asian? Yeah you could get that many. Easily over 100. Keep in mind there is no set number. Larger the ooth means more nymphs.

Giant Asian? Yeah you could get that many. Easily over 100. Keep in mind there is no set number. Larger the ooth means more nymphs.
he said he gets 300 per ooth..well thats alot of mantis if your getting 8 ooths..lol

300 or so is probably a slight exaggeration, they do hatch hundreds though, and around the 200 mark is common.

300 or so is again possible, but probs less common.

300 or so is probably a slight exaggeration, they do hatch hundreds though, and around the 200 mark is common.300 or so is again possible, but probs less common.
he said its all on what u feed em.?i cant see that..the giant Asians,grandis.,they eat crickets..i cant see how u feeding them flys or something eles will increase the ooth size..mayby on flower mantis feeding them flys but giant Asians fed on crickets in wild right./.?

Well the more and the better you feed the female generally the larger the ooth will be which will equal more nymphs. Gotta remember to that most will not live long.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts