Need Advive

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nebrakacinese

Reaction score
Wanted to move my 6 Ghost that shold be doing their 4th instar in a little over a week(if what I read is true)just wonderind what size enclosure would be the best for them.I'll be feeding them houseflies.Thanks

Wanted to move my 6 Ghost that shold be doing their 4th instar in a little over a week(if what I read is true)just wonderind what size enclosure would be the best for them.I'll be feeding them houseflies.Thanks
Individual 32oz deli cups with cloth lids work well. Cut an extra port in the side of the cup for adding food and fill it with sponge. Add a folded piece of paper towel for moisture retention, and toss in some twigs that extend almost to the lid. I suggest that instead of going to a dollar store and poking holes in plastic lids, you go to a supplier like MantisPlace or Carey's site and buy cups, lids, and bungs, too. You'll see all sorts of other goodies to tempt you!

I like to keep them communally in 12x12 net cages (with a layer of paper towel on the bottom) until they molt to adult. When they become adult, I separate them individually into modified plastic containers (about the size of 32 oz deli cups or a little smaller) or net cages, depending on how set I am for net cages and room at the time.

Latest posts