Not... Molting?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jukeboxx

Reaction score
Hello,

So I got two Stagmomantis Limbatas (shoutout to D_Hemptress for selling them to me) that have been stuck in L5 for a month. I've been watering and feeding them plenty, but I'm not sure what's happening.

Also, is it normal for them to be really light colored? They are both white-brownish. I know they change color based on surroundings, but maybe it says something about their health too.

Thank you.

Does the white brownish color look like some mantids look right before a molt ? Maybe they are getting ready to molt soon.

Yeah, they're both pretty opaque, like when I feed them I can't see their digestive tracts. So I hope they molt soon, I was just wondering if this was anything of concern, because this week is the 5th week since their last molt...

I have same species from same person. They come in two shades, the light tanish/brown and the green. Mine molted in shipment and others while they were here. Mine all seem to be vigerous and doing as they please, healthy eaters etc. Keep them warm and humid, feed plenty. I am not sure but maybe its a difference in temps coming from West Coast to East? I am sure someone with more experience will come along and help you out but I have both colors from Hemp and only one loss due to cannabalism.

Latest posts