Ooths ooths everywhere!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
Went out to my mantis place for the first time since the leaves have fallen. There were so many chinese ooths it was unreal. Nothing special but I like to see them. I have always observed how they are often in tight groups. I found one ooth that had hatched a small number of nymphs already.

your very lucky rick..what i wouldn give to live where u do.i would be out there all the time shooting them.uk weather sucks.and so does us not having mantids in the wild.get u get some pics next time?

Went out to my mantis place for the first time since the leaves have fallen. There were so many chinese ooths it was unreal. Nothing special but I like to see them. I have always observed how they are often in tight groups. I found one ooth that had hatched a small number of nymphs already.
Nice! I have had an ooth searching trip planned since about a month ago. I am going to vist two sites in a couple of weeks... hopefully I can find something....

Hey i have the same thing too. TONS of ooths, in all 7 years living in a rural area i have never seen so many. if any one wants some, i'll sell em low. but seriosly, i cant look anywhere without seeing them, you'll see like five in a five foot squared cluster.

Hey i have the same thing too. TONS of ooths, in all 7 years living in a rural area i have never seen so many. if any one wants some, i'll sell em low. but seriosly, i cant look anywhere without seeing them, you'll see like five in a five foot squared cluster.
Wow!

Seems like we aren't in a good, mantis-y place. I don't see any ootheca around, but then again I haven't really looked.

I envy those who can find mantids in their backyard.

wow your lucky

ha there no mantises where i live

in LA never seen a wild mantis or ooth ever the only insects around here are flies and bees

no exotic cool insects running around here ever

i thing thats why im so fascinated by mantids

wow your luckyha there no mantises where i live

in LA never seen a wild mantis or ooth ever the only insects around here are flies and bees

no exotic cool insects running around here ever

i thing thats why im so fascinated by mantids
You should get some chinese/european/native californian ooths and put them in your garden, or raise them and then let them go! Im planing on this in the spring! i want my own wild population damnit! Now! :angry: :p

You should get some chinese/european/native californian ooths and put them in your garden, or raise them and then let them go! Im planing on this in the spring! i want my own wild population damnit! Now! :angry: :p
alright thanks

im goingto let them go in this park cause over here gardens arent so big lol mine is 25 feet wide and 10 feet long and 3/4 ofit is just grass or dirt ;) :(

Walked the nearby trail and noticed one ooth that hatched today! It was in the high 60's and is warm all week but it will cool down again so I don't think these early mantids will make it. Interesting though.

Latest posts