Parymenopus consolidated

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bad I guess? I went to her old style site which is still up and running, and they're not on that one, I don't like the new site as much personally, but I guess it must be more updated than the old one???

My bad I guess? I went to her old style site which is still up and running, and they're not on that one, I don't like the new site as much personally, but I guess it must be more updated than the old one???
yes it is she added many sp. to the new site, even metallyticus and ceratomantis

I should have to sent some to Precarious to shoot, but noooo that didn't happen, so here's my bad camera stuff...

DSCF0832-2.jpg

DSCF0849-1.jpg

Green not yellow??? They like their eats!

Well now I feel stupid ? That was a joke... Of course she's sub... why would I show you that unless it was humor?? The wings made me say that, Lol (Ha-ha) :lol:

Seriously though as a mantis keeper for some time(not as long as some), I would have to look far and wide to see budwings like those??? Do you feel what I'm seeing...New species or not I have 2 different ones as in the pics(not same female)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its difinitely the lighting in reference to the variations in color being they are all related stock. Id suggest diet as well but based on the size of the species we all basicly feed out the same foods. Very nice female, Good luck with the next molt and breeding, someones got to get it done, Im amazed at the male count and maturity rate people are having with them. Was there any real attempt to slow the males or was sexing an issue for longer than expected?

Now I could sex them, but till I learned what to look for it was difficult, they're so tiny! I feel leg plate size is the easiest way, that and the females had a bigger rump.

Now I could sex them, but till I learned what to look for it was difficult, they're so tiny! I feel leg plate size is the easiest way, that and the females had a bigger rump.
Yeah and the lighter brown on the females abdomen tip and darker brown male's abdomen tip. I also agree with the bigger rump :lol:

You cant be 100% sure, there are many factors that could shut down a feeding responce and with the temp and season changes that could be a part of it as well as many other unknowns. Swollen wingbuds arent an exact sign in the first stages of premolt. Just keep conditions right and watch her.

Latest posts