Parymenopus consolidated

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My girl just molted to sub-adult yesterday but fell and messed up one of her feet a little in the process. She's ok and ate a fly today, but I hope that foot won't give her a problem when she molts to adult.

My girl just molted to sub-adult yesterday but fell and messed up one of her feet a little in the process. She's ok and ate a fly today, but I hope that foot won't give her a problem when she molts to adult.
make sure to mist her real good! They need it! I think that's the root of the problems with these guys. Good luck on the final molt! i think mine is coming soon

yeah thanx to me he was able to save the girl

as for brancsikia's question, i doubt shes sick but sometimes soon after a mantis molts it will change color

my green ghost was a poop green but within 2 weeks of being L4 she turned completely green slowly but now at L5 is an awesome green color!

yeah thanx to me he was able to save the girl

as for brancsikia's question, i doubt shes sick but sometimes soon after a mantis molts it will change color

my green ghost was a poop green but within 2 weeks of being L4 she turned completely green slowly but now at L5 is an awesome green color!
that's right, I forgot to mention. Alex asked me how some Stallis were doing that he sent me, so I actually went to go see how they were doing and noticed my Davisoni female on the floor of the container post-molt. I was able to pull some old skin off her raptorials and save her. Thanks, Alex.

Start slowing your males down now, less heat and half the food but still mist as usual. ;)
that's exactly what i've been doing. I didn't feed him today and kept him farthest from the window. I noticed male parymenopus have a bigger appetite than a male hymenopus. Yesterday, when i fed him, he actually chased the fly down. I'll post a pic of him and my other parymenopus later tonight.

that's exactly what i've been doing. I didn't feed him today and kept him farthest from the window. I noticed male parymenopus have a bigger appetite than a male hymenopus. Yesterday, when i fed him, he actually chased the fly down. I'll post a pic of him and my other parymenopus later tonight.
Cool! My females' wingbuds are swelling!!! let the anxiety begin!!!

She will most likely do it in the middle of the night, so set that camera to night shot, and don't think this means you get to mis school tomorrow Mr!!! Haha... Good luck with her.

It's really strange. My female's wingbuds were huge and she was eating, but she stopped today and they're literally popping out. Hopefully, Maybe, Tonight? :clover: Also one thing i've noticed is that when handled, these mantids are VERY clingy and will grab onto you like a beetle :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
If it helps any I thought mine were going to molt for a week before they actually did, and one ate a BB the same day after her final molt? :eek:

And yeah they're little "Kling'ons"!!!

If it helps any I thought mine were going to molt for a week before they actually did, and one ate a BB the same day after her final molt? :eek:

And yeah they're little "Kling'ons"!!!
Well since mine stopped maybe tonight! They move like they're carrying cinder blocks! Maybe because they're so delicate

I'm starting to worry. Her wingbuds have been huge for over a week and no molt. She's also not eating, but on top of that not sure if i should feed her because the flies could knock her down if she did molt. What do i do?

Latest posts