Pink Katydid

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SUbadult now, still as pink as can be. Here is the subadult pair.

pksubapair3.jpg

pksubapair2.jpg

The female now has very obvious ovipositor.

pksubf2.jpg

The smallest nymph unfortunately has a bad molt ending up with bent hindleg bummer :(

badmolt1.jpg

That freshly adult male looks like a gorgeous specimen!

Thanks for keeping us posted, I'm excited to see what happens over time (lotsa pink youngins running around?)... :D

Gladiator katydid? Sounds macho!

I have put both adult males and females together after hearing male chirping on another cage, but haven't seen any mating so far. Wonder if it is too early to pair them up.

Gladiator katydid? Sounds macho!

I have put both adult males and females together after hearing male chirping on another cage, but haven't seen any mating so far. Wonder if it is too early to pair them up.
They make a funny chirping noise so don't keep them in your bedroom, and they lay eggs in plant material such as grass

Whenever I keep katydids I have them all in a net cage and they do fine with plenty of food

I like the true katydids and angular winged katydids common here in CT :)

They make a funny chirping noise so don't keep them in your bedroom, and they lay eggs in plant material such as grass

Whenever I keep katydids I have them all in a net cage and they do fine with plenty of food

I like the true katydids and angular winged katydids common here in CT :)
Big no no for me keeping bug in bedroom or my bugroom will be the bedroom ;) In the museum insect zoo, pink katydid eggs were incubated on coconut fiber bedding (slightly buried) so i am not sure if the katydid lay eggs on plant stems or soil.

Hey Yen, I'd love some eggs from these.... PM me when you have some available please