Pink Katydid

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh oh...you're from texas yen_saw? What's your favorite baseball team? Hopefully not the Rangers 'cause I'm a St. Louis fan lol :) .

How are the little cuties doing...? Can we get a video of them chirping one day? I'm very excited about this little endeavor....

How are the little cuties doing...? Can we get a video of them chirping one day? I'm very excited about this little endeavor....
Yes please, I would like to hear them also in a cage setting. I am one of those werdios that actually enjoys chirping bugs, one of the reasons I have my 20 gallon feeder cricket tank in my bedroom. I'm also very interested in how the beeding goes. These are so adorable. I can't get over how rich the pink turned out.

Sorry I have forgotten about this thread. The pink katydid are doing fine. They chirp when i am away but as soon as i enter the bug room they stop chirping, so i don't have any chance of filming them chirping :(

The good news is I found this on the substrate :clap:

pkegg01.jpg

Yen, I think you have a touch too much dirt and not enough rice if you are hoping to get into the cooking industry with that dish. :chef:

Congrats on the eggs. Since Easter is right around the corner perhaps you should dye them pink to encourage the little ones to think pink.

Very nice!

I sometimes raise little katydids until they are adults. Every nymph I find turns out to be a female.

I have never been lucky enough to find a pink one, even if they supposedly can be found in my area.

What species is she? I think I see an ovipositor back there.
I've never been able to find them either :( I love them though, and I love the green ones all the same.

Surprise surprise..... :clap:
I demand some photos of these adorable new babies. I really might have to look into getting some. They are the first insects ever that has made my insectphobic mom go, "You need to get some of those." :p