review: mesh for top of mantid container

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have ever used metal mesh, I use either window netting or black fine netting that I get from

fine black netting

The black netting is almost transparent and makes good net cages

I've used an old car shade in 2 of my tanks. Seems OK atm but only used a small piece to cover a drainage hole (I've used upturned, drilled aquariums as vivs)

I'd be carefull with using metal mesh. Some metaks can leach chemicals or corrode in water, that's why we never tend to use it fish tanks.

HTH

Huw

Hi. Welcome to the site. Please check out the introductions forum.

I use screen or simply fabric bought at a fabric shop.

My nymphs moult from artificial stems of fern in mason jars, some fitted with platic screen, the smaller ones need coffee filters to keep their flies from escaping. They generally choose the fern to moult from. My little chlorophaea are all in one larger enclosure with the drilled, cloth lids and they choose to moult from fake flowers. I wouldn't consider coffee filters a long term solution, but it's handy for keeping many nymphs separately.

That's quite expensive...

Be careful with steel. Yes, it can rust so you don't ever want it wet. I think aluminum does better. Anyway, I don't recommend metal because I think cloth/fabric works a lot better. It's easy to replace, cheap, light, flexible, and gaps are usually finer. Good luck!

Latest posts