Rhombo' and 'Chaeta logs

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is not much difference at all, girls have a quarter or half an inch more to them, if that. They are also a bit bulkier and shorter antennae. Its impossible for me to sex until at least L5

Oh that is nice. So either gender you get a nice size mantis. I'm guessing that also makes them way less likely for the girls to cannibalize the boys. It seems like this species is about as communal as mantises come.

Great thread... So good it made me want them..I am waiting on my Chaeta's, as I post... it has been 11 days since your last update... tic... toc... times a wasting...haha

Can I make one request?

Can you post pictures of the enclosures you keep them in?... From hatch through adault?..

OK I lied..

Second request..hehe..

Can you also take pictures (let's say on your hand)(for size referance) from hatch to adult? It is so hard for me as a novice, to know the size when it is on a net. With these camera's now adays with so much...zoom, zoom or micro lens (whatever it is called) am I showing my age yet?..LOL

But really I think (IMHO) it will give an approx. growth log... size, molt rate, changes they have each molt? huh... huh... Please?

I know someone always asking for something, for nothing.. I just thought it would add a new dimention..

Thanks for all of your help... hugz

I also would like to see thier homes. Im sure the chaetas need a big house or houses. I got some baby chaetas from bobericc and they are wonderful!

It seems many members are having amazing luck in breeding and hatching thier ooths. I hope it continues on for everyone!

I recently got a sub adult female r.valida and l3 chaeta. They are doing good in their new homes but I wanted to know if the chaeta will get lonely in isolation? He/she is doing pretty well and is eating alot but im just curious. If anyone does have l3chaeta for sale please pm me. If anyone has a sub male pleae pm. I pay through paypal.(sally the valida, and Rango the chaeta in their shipping containers after unboxing)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go through the thread youll see the two enclosures I've used, delis until L4 and a mansion after that. sorry I've been so busy guys, I built another chaeta mansion for someone, ill post it up later in the mean time while the army grows, people with platoons of chaetas from me should check my caresheet!

http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=33507#entry269597

Also I would like to thank everyone again for their kind words. I remember getting my first chaetas from yen about 4 years ago. I've failed quite a few times before turning 45 to 400+

I'm sad that I wasn't able to deal with rhombo though, she's a little tank thank xant be bothered :(

my chaeta will be l4 soon but I already put it in the big house. My valida will molt to adult soon and shes eating alot!

Good information thread bobericc! I found it informational and helpful and I think it guided me to keep my Rango (chaeta) happy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Freshly molted l5 chaeta. (Think it is female)

20140826_130011.jpg

Sorry its been a while since ive updated much the army has died down a bit. some close friends will also help me keep my chaetas in culture, here is a mini mansion ive built for someone predicted for 5 adults but there are 20 L3 inside. Its about 2 ft tall and 1.5 ft by diameter.

http://postimg.org/image/trpjpeim7/full/

Here is a Heterochaeta sp. threat display. Mine don't usually diplay. I guess she was a little grumpy today :) Rhombodera valida male molted to adult today and the females are ready :)

Latest posts