Rhombo' and 'Chaeta logs

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My chaetas are starting to molt to subadult still about twenty

Should have plenty of nymphs for grabs in the near future

Where are all the new chaeta keepers from milanos stock anyone grab any from barteks buddy?

Got an added bonus today . When I originally received my R validas I lost a nymph when I was unpacking them. That was months ago. I have been finding frass and flylegs on the windowsill lately. I looked behind the blinds, and at the top of the window wedged behind the blinds was a very large male Rhombo. He was just as big as all the others. Yay!!!

Rhombos are now at subadult for the most part so I moved the remainder into net cages over a warm mist humidifier like I was planning.

szdo.jpg

Chaetas are molting to sub adult, I thought they already were, looks like this batch will be just as large, some larger than the sp tanzania i kept previously, judging by the sub looking as big as my pinned specimen..

j1gd.jpg

I had one mismolt though, and I know things happen out of our control, but I know chaeta doesn't need as much moisture as rhombo, I can deliver it more effectively than a sponge in a cup so I have here, a portable usb waterbottle humidifier with a backup battery to keep it going ;) you better love me chaeta..

0r8t.jpg

Awesome log. Rhombodera is an old personal favorite, but Heterochaeta really amazes me every time I see it. Keep it up!

There's a few chaeta that had green eyes now, they are turning a blur turquoise, very beautiful

zhru.jpg

d4d3.jpg

That photo looks like your Heterochaeta wants to give you a big hug. I only have one. Someone gave me one nymph as an extra as part of a trade last fall. I've had her for 14 months now, and she's been an adult for a long time. At the moment, she is my oldest mantid.

rtor.jpg

2rfq.jpg

My first chaeta turned to adult yesterday, I believe its a male, he's larger than some of the females lol

Latest posts