Rhombo' and 'Chaeta logs

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rhombodera valida female #2 mating attempt....fail. The 2nd male thought mr. fancy wings was the girl. I then put one of the males away and she grabbed the remaining male. I got him away from her and he is ok.

Lol too bad about the failed attempt you can always try once more, third times a charm.

Another male molted to adulthood one I cant believe the size on for a male? Compared to the other guys I have he's a monster! I was sure it was a female last molt lol. Here's a comparison shot to the other male

xdu6.jpg

100% its a male, I thought it was a female with long antennae

z5co.jpg

Lol too bad about the failed attempt you can always try once more, third times a charm.

Another male molted to adulthood one I cant believe the size on for a male? Compared to the other guys I have he's a monster! I was sure it was a female last molt lol. Here's a comparison shot to the other male
xdu6.jpg

100% its a male, I thought it was a female with long antennae
z5co.jpg
He's a monster! I hope he gets a chance to pass down those genes.

Ughh tried mating my first pair of rhombos today, she keeps striking him, even though she's full and refuses food.. I left him in there with the excess food, doesn't seem to be much interest, should I just give them time? Open to advice here

I would give them time... Was she calling? I had no problem with the first mating because she was calling. She sat like an angel, no aggression at all. Next 2 girls I tried cause they were nice and plump and they had been mature for a long time but I didn't witness the calling. They were extremely aggressive toward the males. I waited a week. I am going to try again tonight. Good luck :)

Male Chaeta molted to adult today :D He has been getting ready for 2 days now. Glad that's done. He has fluffy wings but everything else looks good. I post pictures in the am .

Mating female 2 and same male that mated the other female. My other 2 males are clueless....I have removed them from the bug room. Hopefully that will help.

Latest posts