Rhombo' and 'Chaeta logs

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sally, are going to breed the Rhombos you have? If so, Id like to buy some babies from you. I missed out when Carey at mantispets had some H. Venosa for sale.

Great to see more valida breeders this round, precarious is proud I bet x)

But alas are there any other heterochaeta keepers? Post some pics guys and update us on your situations

I started with 5 chaetas. Lost 1 to a horrible, horrible mismolt it's head and arms did not come out. The 4 I have left are growing, 1 is L7 male, 2 are L6 males, and 1 L6 female. Having issues with explorer, can't link photos yet. May have to use firefox.

I started with 5 chaetas. Lost 1 to a horrible, horrible mismolt it's head and arms did not come out. The 4 I have left are growing, 1 is L7 male, 2 are L6 males, and 1 L6 female. Having issues with explorer, can't link photos yet. May have to use firefox.
yep..I had to use FireFox...

Ok.... Had my first try at mating the validas last night. It went well. She was clearly calling. I waited up as long as I could and made the decision to go to bed and leave them alone so I didn't witness the coupling. I am hoping they did. I will mate them again anyway. The great news is... He was alive and trying to get out of the enclosure in the morning :D

Ok.... Had my first try at mating the validas last night. It went well. She was clearly calling. I waited up as long as I could and made the decision to go to bed and leave them alone so I didn't witness the coupling. I am hoping they did. I will mate them again anyway. The great news is... He was alive and trying to get out of the enclosure in the morning :D
Yay! :D congrats and hopefully you can get them to mate again :)

Always kept both sp of hetero together never had issues with females chomping males such a shy sp when I would try to breed I never saw much but every ooth when kept together was always fertile :)

ijse.jpg

All are subs still

qdu5.jpg

First rhombo adult is male

dtuh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts