Rhombo' and 'Chaeta logs

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have Heterochaeta too, it took the nymphs one year and four months to mature to adult.

My chaetas from hatchling to adult took about 9 months to mature for me but as adult they are still alive one year and three months. still laying ooths and hunting actively.. I wouldn't be surprised if their live span can last beyond two years if kept properly.

My chaetas from hatchling to adult took about 9 months to mature for me but as adult they are still alive one year and three months. still laying ooths and hunting actively.. I wouldn't be surprised if their live span can last beyond two years if kept properly.
This is making them sound even more appealing. I get rather attached to mine, so long lived species are always fun for me. It looks like I will have to look into this species at one point. I'm glad to hear they seem to be doing so well in culture.

Here's an update for everyone, still have about 40 chaetas first one turned L4 earlier

20140709_114630.jpg

Which means chaeta is too big for the delis now and so I'm going to move the two moms out of the chaeta mansion, clean it up and move the little sticks in :p

Quick question to everyone though, do you think the nymphs from the ooths in the mansion will be ok around their older siblings when they hatch? The mothers were completely tolerate.

20140617_164835.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I never had a problem with cannibalization with the Heterochaetas... with that being said, I wouldn't put the younger nymphs in with the older ones... That is just me though. Wow 40... They take up sooo much room I can't imagine 40 :)

Another quick update! I went to clean the mansion out and I seen something interesting..

Better check the classified sect soon if you didn't get your chaetas yet, should be around 50 more

Go Chaeta! :D

Chaetas are knocking out blue bottles now :D new hatch getting ready for L2 I feel another one coming soon too, still have some for sale

The momma chaeta that laid the most ooths is the last one alive its pushing a year and a half now she's lived.. I don't know if she's going to pass soon and end that gen but her babies are getting big, they need to go In the mansion but I knew that ooth was going to hatch and it did today.. got about 50 more to separate in delis tomorrow,! THEN I will move the l4 into the mansion for sure theres about 25.

Latest posts