Rick - (US)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received a free adult female Stagmomantis floridiensis from Rick. She is absolutely beautiful and definitely livens the company up since some old-age related deaths sort of cast a gray shadow over my miniature mantis kingdom.

Just watching her roam around, all curious and stuff, it is definitely a refreshing experience. Beautiful mantis!

The packing was top notch. The container is something I will be using again although the newcomer is likely to get a wider container. The packing material inside would be perfect for up top to let the mantises molt as well.

Received a free adult female Stagmomantis floridiensis from Rick. She is absolutely beautiful and definitely livens the company up since some old-age related deaths sort of cast a gray shadow over my miniature mantis kingdom.

Just watching her roam around, all curious and stuff, it is definitely a refreshing experience. Beautiful mantis!

The packing was top notch. The container is something I will be using again although the newcomer is likely to get a wider container. The packing material inside would be perfect for up top to let the mantises molt as well.
Good news Joe. They do just fine in those 32 oz cups. Stagmomantis likes a vertical stick the length of the container to lay ooths on.

I received 7 gongys from Rick, even though I ordered three. Thanks! Great shipping and fast replies. I will be buying From Rick again. :)

Rick sent out an adult female Stagmomantis and a Gonatista for some upcoming bug fests. They were packed nicely and both animals were in perfect health. A+

Rick sent out an adult female Stagmomantis and a Gonatista for some upcoming bug fests. They were packed nicely and both animals were in perfect health. A+
It should have been an Iris oratoria. Did I mix em up? I am pretty sure that is what it was.

I went to check before you posted a response. You're quick.

Gonatista Grisea ooth came in today! Very fast shipping, and very cool packaging! Thanks a ton buddy! Can't wait to see how many explode out of this ooth! =)

I purchased a bark mantis ooth from Rick for a great price! I got the package today. It was well packed and he shipped quickly. I can't wait to see what this ooth will yield! Thanks so much Rick!

UPDATE: Ootheca hatched! 20 or 30 nymphs hatched out and they're are silly little things! They love to lay flat and not eat! :lol: Thanks again Rick, this species is different and I like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Received package from Rick containing 2 Ooth instead of just the 1 that i had asked for

extremely well packaged and a timely transaction even after i forgot postage initially.

also good information for storing.

Thank you Rick

Roy

Received some Bark Mantis from Rick today! At first I was a little disappointed because they weren't moving.. 5 seconds later I was no longer disappointed.. lol! I am not used to seeing mantis lay so flat against something and being so motionless! Although one of them was dead on arrival, Rick easily made up for it by giving me MORE than what I had paid for, gave me ones that are bigger and older than he advertised, and gave me an awesome price on them! In all honesty, I probably would have paid that special price that he gave me for just ONE! Would recommend him to anybody in a heartbeat!

Received some Bark Mantis from Rick today! At first I was a little disappointed because they weren't moving.. 5 seconds later I was no longer disappointed.. lol! I am not used to seeing mantis lay so flat against something and being so motionless! Although one of them was dead on arrival, Rick easily made up for it by giving me MORE than what I had paid for, gave me ones that are bigger and older than he advertised, and gave me an awesome price on them! In all honesty, I probably would have paid that special price that he gave me for just ONE! Would recommend him to anybody in a heartbeat!
Good thing I put the extras in! :)

Haha yeah, also got mine today. They don't move at all but seem fine otherwise. Not too interested in food at the moment. Awesome looking mantids, thanks Rick!

Haha yeah, also got mine today. They don't move at all but seem fine otherwise. Not too interested in food at the moment. Awesome looking mantids, thanks Rick!
Keep in mind they prefer rough sticks. These can have issues with holding on to smooth surfaces. I like to scratch up the sides of the cups they're in and add some rough sticks for them.

I have bought stuff from Rick before and things went smoothly. This time, he offered up some free nymphs. I was expecting a couple of nymphs, but he sent way more than I expected :) Highly recommended.

Received a very well packed parcel from Rick, he packed it as if the ootheca is going to hatch during shipment, i am sure the hatchling could survive 2-3 days during shipment without problem! Thanks Rick,

Excellent transaction! Everything went smoothly and I mean everything! Got some really nice looking mantids. Larry made sure they would not molt in shipping by keeping them until all 10 reached L2 to ensure safe arrival. Good thinking on his part. Plus I got 5 xtra stowaways that are now taking up residency at the Mantid Motel. :D
So who is Larry? B)

Latest posts